Author Topic: James Keane and Catherine Moore of Lismore  (Read 716 times)

Offline kbaker7

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Keane and Catherine Moore of Lismore
« on: Saturday 29 May 21 02:37 BST (UK) »
Hello and thank you for reading this request.  I am searching for any information regarding
James Keane and Catherine Moore of Lismore. 

Birth or death dates?  Burial location?
Where did they live? 
Were there other children?  If so, did any stay in Lismore rather than leave for Holliston, Massachusetts USA?

Children
Edmund Kane. 1826-1891            Arrived in Massachusetts USA     21 June 1849
James Keane. 4 May 1829-1905.       Arrived in Massachusetts USA     20 June 1849
Ellen Keane.  1830 - 1905.                Possibly same time, aboard Northumberland
Thank you so much!

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James Keane and Catherine Moore of Lismore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 May 21 16:04 BST (UK) »
From the Lismore RC church registers, 2 June 1828, a son Thomas was baptised for a couple with these names, the sponsors look like Patrick Murphy and Honora Coghlan (left page):
https://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000632256#page/75/mode/1up

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 May 21 16:48 BST (UK) »
In the Lismore RC church baptismal records for the other children to this couple, the only potential location I can see is in Edmund's, whose baptism actually took place on 29 March 1823, the priest's convention in this instance (based on other entries on this and surrounding pages) was to put the address at the end, if you blow up the last line on the right hand page (at the link below), I'm reading Edmund's sponsors as James ? ('eale') & Maria(Mary) Casey, then a fee and priest signature, followed by the location 'Baw...'
https://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000632256#page/12/mode/1up   

Have a look for potential locations here... and hoping for fresh eyes from others:
https://www.townlands.ie/waterford/lismore-and-mocollop/

Offline kbaker7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 29 May 21 22:36 BST (UK) »
Oh wow, you cannot imagine how helpful the information about Thomas Keane is to see!  I thought he might be a sibling of James, Edmund and Ellen, but I wasn't sure.  He did live in Holliston Massachusetts USA. where Edmund and Ellen also lived.   Thomas Kane married and had two daughters.  One of the daughters died in her 30's leaving two small daughters.  The death certificate and newspaper story cited her throat being split as a means to commit suicide.   Thank you very, very much. 

Offline kbaker7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
James Keane and Catherine Moore of Lismore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 29 May 21 22:44 BST (UK) »
GAFFY,  I can't thank you enough for finding these records for me.  I'm having trouble finding the right words to tell you how much this means.  Thank you for your generous kindness.