Author Topic: Ancestry members help appreciated Pope/Round family.  (Read 320 times)

Offline stevej60

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ancestry members help appreciated Pope/Round family.
« on: Sunday 30 May 21 14:08 BST (UK) »
Hi folk's,I'm an unpaid member of said site but my brother is a fully paid member,we were discussing
family tree matters recently and he remarked that a host of our family were present on what looks
like an Italian members tree which is very strange.He has tried looking at the tree to see what the
connection is but can't figure out as he's not sure how to use these public member trees so I wondered if someone could look or give us advice on how to.Taking my Grandmother as an example
in the public member tree section by entering Doris Pope b.1904 Millom.Cumbria there is among the
trees listed one Albero Genealogico Pravettoni which is the tree in question,now we have filled in the
blanks for the whole family and never has a connection come to light my only thought being some
of the Pope family emigrated to the U.S in the early 1900's and maybe a marriage into an Italian
family might be the reason My Grandfather's family were Round's originating in Dudley again no
obvious connection.
Regards Steve Smith.
Bland(Chester-le-street) Round(Dudley/Durham)Kirton(Gateshead)
Smith(Gateshead)Littleton(Sacriston)
Wayman(Cambs&Newcastle)Green(Lincs)Smith(bucks)
Watson(Gilling west & Gateshead)

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry members help appreciated Pope/Round family.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 30 May 21 14:56 BST (UK) »
If you click on the tree-holders name, you will be taken to his profile and from there you can send him a message, asking your question/s.  He says that he is willing to help others with their research.

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY