Author Topic: Diary> Wednesday 16th June 2021  (Read 712 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Diary> Wednesday 16th June 2021
« on: Thursday 17 June 21 07:47 BST (UK) »
The sea mist burned off to give another glorious sunny morning, and I strolled along the beach front with a friend, then sat on the wall enjoying the view and a chat. A takeaway cup of lemon and ginger tea most most refreshing.
After lunch walked into town with H for elastic to renew the waist of some summer trousers which have become too loose, only to discover the shop closed 5 minutes before we arrived.  Had we taken the direct route we would have been able to enter, but H always likes to double the distance of any walk if he can, so then I was forced to go into the £ shop which was busy, and buy some narrow width instead, which will require double the sewing.
Hey ho, small tribulations! I shall count myself lucky if that's as bad as it gets.  ;)
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary> Wednesday 16th June 2021
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 June 21 09:20 BST (UK) »
Two lovely walks as compensation though MH.   :) Haven't had lemon and ginger tea for ages, I always take some on holiday with me in case of any travel sickness.

My day:
A hot day, usual walk in the morning then after lunch I drove up the hills to the M&S Simply Food to buy some tasty treats. Spent the rest of the afternoon in the garden, sorted out lots of spring bulbs that have been dying back, still more to do. Very hot, I had the parasol up and ate the last of my lactose free choc ice lollies. Bless you Tesco, I can have something that tastes just like ice cream!

Had a phone call from my friend A, had a good catch up.
Watched the final of the Sewing Bee, a worthy winner I thought. Good to see the finalists' loved ones cheering them on although it had to be onscreen.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 17 June 21 13:58 BST (UK) »
Monday and Tuesday were particularly tough.  I froze my water bottle overnight to take with me then drank an isotonic drink afterwards.  Was very tired but although I'm a bit slow today the day hasn't been a complete washout as I am still functioning which is a bonus. However I am already dreading going back in next week after being yelled at for not answering the phone fast enough, while simultaneously being yelled at for not having the admin finished yet even though patients still needed stuff at this point.  Then to top it all I had the police called on me for not being fast enough.  In my defence it wasn't that i decided I couldn't be bothered with answering the phones but that I couldn't possibly answer the phone AND be with the patient at the exact same time and I already didn't spend enough time with each patient.

Raining today so didn't manage to get the washing hung out.  Made beef curry and rice for dinner.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 June 21 13:59 BST (UK) »
Error. Sorry.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.