Author Topic: Closing my Bardouleau Research Permanently1  (Read 339 times)

Offline diplodicus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Remember, no great adventure started with salad.
    • View Profile
Closing my Bardouleau Research Permanently1
« on: Thursday 17 June 21 10:03 BST (UK) »
It has been some considerable while since I pursued any research in this "Bardouleau" that I started  to build as a memory to my late stepmother Anne Rose Bardouleau. I am no longer able to invest any further effort.

The tree is "public" on ancestry.co.uk and will remain available  as long as my subscription remains in place. Please feel free to help yourself to any of the research and photos that I have scanned in. I cannot speak to those who have been kind enough to let me copy their images into my tree and perhaps you should deal directly with them?

The Bardouleaus/Bardonlews/et al have a fascinating history. My stepmother was convinced they were Hugueneots but in fact they were Catholic refugees fleeing the excesses of the French Revolution snd subsequent persecution.

They settled into main areas: Mile End Old Town and Lambeth. Annie as of the Lambeth tribe.

Thank you Annie; you kept me honest.
Thomas, Davies, Jones, Walters, Daniel in Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion. That should narrow it down a bit!
Vincent: Fressingfield, Suffolk, Stockton & Sunderland.
Murtha/Murtaugh: Dundalk & Sunderland
Ingram: Cairnie by Huntly, Scotland then Abergavenny, Monmouthshire.
Bardouleau: London - in memory of my stepmother Annie Rose née Bardouleau who put up with a lot from me.
gedmatch.com A006809
Kit uploaded to familytreedna.com B171041
Y-DNA R-M269 & mtDNA U5b1f