Author Topic: Edward Darbishire (Darbyshire), Mary Summerfield, Johannes Latewood & Maria pay  (Read 512 times)

Offline ericthepenguin1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi

Can anyone help me with locating the parents of Edward Darbishire and Mary Summerfield?

They were married on 21st April 1664 in Wem, Shropshire.

Also can you help with the parents of Johaness Latewood and Maria Payne who were married on 23rd February 1687 at Pulverbatch, Shropshire.

Many thanks

Eric

Offline goldie61

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Darbishire (Darbyshire), Mary Summerfield, Johannes Latewood & Maria pay
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 June 21 23:45 BST (UK) »
Hi

Can anyone help me with locating the parents of Edward Darbishire and Mary Summerfield?

They were married on 21st April 1664 in Wem, Shropshire.

Also can you help with the parents of Johaness Latewood and Maria Payne who were married on 23rd February 1687 at Pulverbatch, Shropshire.

Many thanks

Eric

I see the date of the marriage as 21st April 1674 Eric. Not 1664.

There's a Marie Somerfield baptised 18.2.1640 at High Ercall of Robert and Elizabeth on familysearch. About 10 miles to Wem.
Might be a bit old by 1674.
How many children did they have? And what were their names? It might help to track down their parent's names.
There are some Darbyshire bapisms at High Ercall too. No Edward, but that's not to say his might be  missing of course.
He might have come from somewhere else of course. Nothing showing up for him.
There are no Darbyshire (+variations), or Summerfield (+variations) names showing up in Wem prior to their marriage, so it does look as if they were not from there.

I see from an earlier post of yours some 5 years ago, you had tracked down some wills at Lichfield Record Office of later generations and actually went to visit to look at them.
These are now viewable on findmypast. (and also no longer at Lichfield Record Office which is now closed. They have been moved to Stafford Record Office).
Not a lot of Latewoods to choose from.
There's one for a William Latewood of Boystone for 1689. About 30 miles from Wem so not impossible they live that far away. He has a brother John, but unfortunately doesn't say where he lives. Latewood is an unusual name. John is not!

You will have realised that the further back you go, the more difficult it is to find records for many reasons.

good luck!
Lane, Burgess: Cheshire. Finney, Rogers, Gilman:Derbys
Cochran, Nicol, Paton, Bruce:Scotland. Bertolle:London
Bainbridge, Christman, Jeffs: Staffs

Offline ericthepenguin1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Thanks Goldie61.

Yes i visited Lichfield Records office and took some photo's of wills. The will of William Latewood refers to his wife, who i think is Beatrix. I cannot find any births in Pulverbatch apart from Maria latewood in 1688. Unless something else pops out of the woodwork this may be as far as i can go back with this part of my tree.

Regards

Eric

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Darbishire (Darbyshire), Mary Summerfield, Johannes Latewood & Maria pay
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 23 June 21 07:38 BST (UK) »
there is - Joannes Latewood and Richard Latewood births in Chirbury ...14 miles from Pulverbatch ..let me see if I can get any further info
ADDED
Hmm
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:JQK7-D56

baptism 19th February 1632 father Richard ... as Johannes married 1687 I think this baptism is a generation out .
but could it be your Joannes grandad ?? OR - did he marry at 55 - was he married before ??  sorry - but I may have made your research more complicated  ...lol - anyway - it is the only Baptism I can find in the area for Joannes Latewood  :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford