Author Topic: SCALES family Kilrush Clare - Prince Edward Island Canada - Victoria Aust.  (Read 1532 times)

Offline susiee

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I have Ellen Hennessy    20 yrs   marrying John Scales   full age  (  born 1820  )  14/5/ 1850 in Kilrush Clare.   --pg 354   and 05401522 United Church of Eng and ireland

His  Father   is   John Scales Mother Maria Donovan  and Michael Hennessy  Father of Ellen .

Cannot find   the family records  in Kilrush   for  John Scales   parents and siblings

3 Brothers Henry,    Isaac  William went to Canada  about 1815    and  many  DNA results  indicate they are the KILRUSH  Scales but we just cant seem to find  the Kilrush family   records  to   put the pieces   all togeather  to see  how   the Kilrush,       Australian  and Canadian    Scales all  fit togeather .   

The    marriage  cert wont post says its to big .

---------------------------------------

Thanks everyone ---  i am actually looking for the reply button  to reply to you  but cant  see it --- where is   it ?????

Thank you   so uch  for the cert but i actually have it --that' s the one   i mentioned  that will not load says its too big hpwever it is onyonce cert not the whole page so  not sure why it wont load  really;

What i have spent  endless hours looking for is the marriage for  Maria Donovan and John Scales  Snr in  Clare ( His son John Scales Jnr born 1820  but not sure how may siblings )

I would reply   but  cant  see the button   -----so cant reply im so sorry .

Can anyone read the Registration district   name on the KILRUSH marriage cert that has been posted here .

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: SCALES family Kilrush Clare - Prince Edward Island Canada - Victoria Aust.
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 June 21 14:39 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I see in a tree that a Charles Scales went to PEI.
When I looked in the Tithe records for Scales in Kilrush I got this..............
http://titheapplotmentbooks.nationalarchives.ie/search/tab/results.jsp?surname=scales&firstname=&county=Clare&parish=kilrush&townland=&search=Search
The record shows the amount of Land they have.

This is the map for the area.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=Carnacalla+Kilrush+Clare&cvid=0913a80432894efe87394a3a154fc8fa&aqs=edge..69i57.999j0j1&pglt=43&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=U531

use this site
https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/
Civil Births and Deaths were only introduced in 1864 marriages were from about 1840.

There is a Michael Scales from Kilrush, who went to Australia as a Convict in 1823.

Maggsie

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo