Author Topic: /1871 census liverpool  (Read 933 times)

Offline joanna dot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
/1871 census liverpool
« on: Tuesday 30 August 05 15:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Im Joan  andI would be very grateful if you could look up the /1871 census for me the family is Patrick Fitzsimmons  48 b ireland wife Eliza 56 b Glamorgan they had 3 children in 1861 aged 17/ 11/and 8 but they would probably not be living with them in 1871 .as they would be 10 yrs older.
       I have been looking for Patrick in 1841 census but he would only be 17/18 then as he didnt get married till 1843.he would be living with his father John  I would be very grateful for any help you can give me 
                                   Thanks for a great site and your help in the past
                                                       Joan

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: /1871 census liverpool
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 September 05 19:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Joan

Was their surname wrongly transcribed in 1861 as I can't find them on that census.  I can't find them on the 1871 either.

Can you post details of the full 1861 entry as it's possible one or more of the children just may be with them in 1871
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline joanna dot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 04 September 05 10:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole W  thanks for your quick reply these are the details of the 1861 census for the family   Patrick Fitzsimmons 38  b  Ire  Brickmaker
                                    Eliza wife  46 b Glamorgan washerwoman
                                    Charles son  17 b liverpool   brickmaker
                                    Alice daughter  11  at school  b  liverpool
                                     David  son       8      ,,             ,        ,,
      The address was 6  Holland   st   Toxteth.I hope that helps Carole I dont know where they would be if they are not in Liverpool .I am very grateful to you and the team for doing all the hard work looking things up for us
                                         thanks again and good luck in your search
                                                                    Joan :D

Offline joanna dot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 04 September 05 10:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole just looking at the copy i have of the 1861 census and the name Fitzsimmons is spelt Fitzsimmonds maybe thats why he ca.nt be found we dont spell it with a d in it ihope that helps   thanks again  Carole 
                                            Joan ;D

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 04 September 05 11:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Joan

Finally found them on the 1861.  The surname is spelt FITZSIMONDS and the image suggests Patrick was Edward Patrick.  It's a bit unclear as the Edward has a line through it.

The only reasonable match I can find on the 1871 is Patrick Fitzsimons aged 50 Dock labourer married and living with his brother Michael in Toxteth Park

I found a death for an Eliza Fitzsimons aged 55 Quarter end December 1871 West Derby 8B 381 which means she should be on the 1871 but I can't find her - I even checked the Welsh 1871 in case she was "visiting"

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline joanna dot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 04 September 05 13:30 BST (UK) »
Thanks Carole for being so quick with my query .I dont know whether that is the same Patrick but maybe Eliza was in hospital and that was why she was,nt on the 1871 census .I have,nt heard of an  Edward in the family .there were quite a lot of Fitzsimmons around Toxteth at that time .but Patrick seemed to have stayed in the one trade as Charles his son did .brickmaker I think he must have been a widower as the family say he remarried again
  Jane Ann Mack I think she was a widow they were married in St Nicholas church Pier Head 11/6/1877 .I will try and trace the children .I want to thank you so much for doing this for me you have helped me a lot
                                     Thanks again Carole           Joan ;D