Author Topic: Ireland Birth Record help with address and maiden name.  (Read 819 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ireland Birth Record help with address and maiden name.
« Reply #18 on: Monday 26 July 21 22:59 BST (UK) »
Lisburn Standard, 6 Nov.1886: ... Railway line, a short distance from Lisburn Station, whereby a man named Wm. Greenaway lost his life. So far as can be learned, the following are the facts of the case :—Greenaway was a servant man in the employment of Mr. John Ruddy, T.C., and went to bring ...

Lisburn Standard, 13 Nov.1886: ... complained about the crossing having been left open while trains were passing. Ann Greenaway was sworn, and deposed—l live in Hanna's Court. The deceased was my husband. He was fifty years of age. He was a labourer by occupation. He came home for his dinner at ...

Added- William Greenaway's death lists place of death but not his residence-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1886/06236/4785145.pdf
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 27 July 21 04:23 BST (UK) »
Agree with Aghadowey re Hanna's Square, Lisburn. 

Also with millworker.

NB that the 'formerly' has been crossed out and I think they have put an occupation instead. 

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 27 July 21 08:10 BST (UK) »
Agree with Aghadowey re Hanna's Square, Lisburn. 
Also with millworker.
NB that the 'formerly' has been crossed out and I think they have put an occupation instead.

In the case of a legitimate child the father's occupation is listed but with an illegitimate child born to a single mother the 'formerly' would be crossed out and occupation. if any. may be put under her name.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 27 July 21 08:23 BST (UK) »
A widow Ann Greenaway died Nov.1901- address is Longstone St. which may be found on modern maps-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1901/05714/4612167.pdf
Here age doesn't match 1901 census too well but in household of daughter-
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/Lisburn/Longstone_Street/1001212/

If this Ann Greenaway is the widow of William who was killed in 1886 she could have moved sometime after he died* or 'Hanna's Court' could be in this vicinity.
* especially if his house was owned by his employer

Offline Rebecca Totten

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 27 July 21 16:31 BST (UK) »
If you look at the whole page the 'St' in Stevenson (next entry after William Jefferson's birth) is different, whereas the 'H' in Holmes (entry before William's birth) looks the same so I think is says Hanna's SQUARE.
Marriage of William's mother Mary Jane Jefferson (21 July) gives almost the same address as on birth registration (born 26 May, registered 14 June) - Hanna's? COURT-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1884/10908/5984474.pdf

Your probably right, as the H for Holmes does look nearly the same. Thank you.
Tuzio, Verrechia, Quaglieri, Squires, Matthews, Totten, Cooke, Hill

Offline Rebecca Totten

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 27 July 21 16:32 BST (UK) »
Lisburn Standard, 6 Nov.1886: ... Railway line, a short distance from Lisburn Station, whereby a man named Wm. Greenaway lost his life. So far as can be learned, the following are the facts of the case :—Greenaway was a servant man in the employment of Mr. John Ruddy, T.C., and went to bring ...

Lisburn Standard, 13 Nov.1886: ... complained about the crossing having been left open while trains were passing. Ann Greenaway was sworn, and deposed—l live in Hanna's Court. The deceased was my husband. He was fifty years of age. He was a labourer by occupation. He came home for his dinner at ...

Added- William Greenaway's death lists place of death but not his residence-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1886/06236/4785145.pdf

Thank you for the information.
Tuzio, Verrechia, Quaglieri, Squires, Matthews, Totten, Cooke, Hill