Author Topic: The Coltart Family , Kirkudbrightshire  (Read 691 times)

Offline Christopher Earl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
The Coltart Family , Kirkudbrightshire
« on: Thursday 12 August 21 16:39 BST (UK) »
Hi my ancestor Alexander Coltart b circa 1805 in Kirkudbrightshire d 1889 Maxwelltown Kirkudbrightshire via recent research of my own and others is connected to the Coltarts of Kirgunzeon. His parents James Coltart birthdate circa 1753 Kirkudbrighthshire d 1836 Gasstown Dumfries , his wife Agnes Jardine b 1776 Dumfriesshire d 1842 Gasstown are mentioned on a MI for Kirgunzeon Churchyard which includes Alexander grandparents ie James parents too a James Coltart spelt Coltert d 1786 and Agnes (Ad(am d 1762 however the grave is face down to the ground and we will never know the accurate transcription . Anyone with a link to these Coltarts please get in touch

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The Coltart Family , Kirkudbrightshire
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 12 August 21 18:36 BST (UK) »
Have you looked at "Surname Interests" under "Your Tools" at the foot of the page and added yours?
You could also do a search for past posts with Coltart in the title or text using "Search" tab on dark brown background above.
Cowban

Offline Christopher Earl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 13 August 21 19:57 BST (UK) »
Thank you il do that

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 13 August 21 20:25 BST (UK) »
Also, there are a many spelling variations so make sure, when you search, you check for variations. My 3 x grt uncle married a Coltart, Coultart, Coultard, etc. She was the same Jean  ;D

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Christopher Earl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 13 August 21 20:33 BST (UK) »
Yes mine have had various spellings but recently found my ancestors at Kirgunzeon Churchyard I will send a copy of the Memorial Inscription.