Author Topic: Dumaresq  (Read 2563 times)

Offline petwal

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dumaresq
« on: Tuesday 31 August 21 01:35 BST (UK) »
I am new to this board and wish to find out a little on the possible origins of the family of Henry Dumaresq a pastoralist in the Armidale area in northern New South Wales and the  founder of the Saumarez pastoralist property. The property is now owned by the national Trust in Australia. Dumaresq immigrated to Australia from the Channel Islands in c. 1830 and took up land in the Hunter Valley and the New England area. He was connected with the De Saumarez family and name his Armidale property after this family. I am a guide at the house which was rebuilt in 1888 by a later owner F. J. White and and I am researching the early history of the property and background of the Dumaresq
Hoare NSW & Hampshire; Snape Wolverhamton; Jackson Manchester & Australia; Taber NSW; McGire/Maguire/McGuire NSW;

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Dumaresq
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 September 21 15:10 BST (UK) »
Hi

Before I type up a lengthy answer I need to check if I'm looking at the right Henry Dumaresq.

Is this the correct HD?

He was the brother-in-law of

Stewart

Offline petwal

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dumaresq
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 September 21 04:12 BST (UK) »
Dear Hill
Thanks for the reply. I will check my records to see if this is the correct Henry Dumaresq
PETWAL
Hoare NSW & Hampshire; Snape Wolverhamton; Jackson Manchester & Australia; Taber NSW; McGire/Maguire/McGuire NSW;