Author Topic: ADELINE GLADYS DYER  (Read 1323 times)

Offline wildcats13

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ADELINE GLADYS DYER
« on: Friday 22 October 21 08:47 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am trying to find details of the correct husband of ADELINE GLADYS DYER, youngest daughter of Albert Ernest Dyer and Ada Farquharson, born in 1912 (25425/1912) in Annondale, NSW. According to the Ancestry.com Public Member Trees, they show that she married a Harold Edward Weaver, however there is no confirming details of the marriage in the BDM's of NSW, VIC or QLD. The only evidence of a marriage by Harold Edward Weaver is to a Olive Annie Wicks in 1944 (NSW 24346/1944), and on the Australian Electoral Rolls, they were found to be living together between 1949 to 1963 at 28 Watkins Street, Golden Grove, NSW. There was another Harold Edward Weaver born in 1891 in NSW, but died in 1892 (NSW-443/1892).
I couldn't find Adeline on the Australian Electoral Rolls, and apart from Adeline's birth details, The only other information found was her death details in the Qld. BDM, which showed she appears to have married a man named UNKNOWN BULL. She is shown as having died on 25 May 1963, somewhere in Queensland (Reg: 1963/B/58544). Parents are correctly shown as Albert Ernest Dyer and Ada Farquharson.
Hoping you can shed some light on the problem.
Wildcats13

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: ADELINE GLADYS DYER
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 October 21 09:33 BST (UK) »
UNKNOWN = Fredrick?
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/221427113/adeline-gladys-bull

Update: born 26 Jul 1908 Gloucestershire

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 October 21 09:47 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am trying to find details of the correct husband of ADELINE GLADYS DYER, youngest daughter of Albert Ernest Dyer and Ada Farquharson, born in 1912 (25425/1912) in Annondale, NSW. According to the Ancestry.com Public Member Trees, they show that she married a Harold Edward Weaver, however there is no confirming details of the marriage in the BDM's of NSW, VIC or QLD. The only evidence of a marriage by Harold Edward Weaver is to a Olive Annie Wicks in 1944 (NSW 24346/1944), and on the Australian Electoral Rolls, they were found to be living together between 1949 to 1963 at 28 Watkins Street, Golden Grove, NSW. There was another Harold Edward Weaver born in 1891 in NSW, but died in 1892 (NSW-443/1892).
I couldn't find Adeline on the Australian Electoral Rolls, and apart from Adeline's birth details, The only other information found was her death details in the Qld. BDM, which showed she appears to have married a man named UNKNOWN BULL. She is shown as having died on 25 May 1963, somewhere in Queensland (Reg: 1963/B/58544). Parents are correctly shown as Albert Ernest Dyer and Ada Farquharson.
Hoping you can shed some light on the problem.
Wildcats13

If you were to obtain an actual copy of her Qld bdm death cert you should find detailed info about her.  The B in the ref. Number indicates her death was registered in Brisbane.  ... the nformants name, address, her own family history info perhaps where & when born, her marriage/children,  where buried/cremated, cause of death....

JM.
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 22 October 21 09:51 BST (UK) »
UNKNOWN = Fredrick?
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/221427113/adeline-gladys-bull

Update: born 26 Jul 1908 Gloucestershire

So we need to find her immigration to Qld.

ADD   See next reply.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 22 October 21 10:03 BST (UK) »
In the opening post our OP gave us the 1912 birth rego details for Adeline.  NSW bdm online index check confirms there are likely birth regos in NSW fir older and younger siblings,  all in inner Sydney suburbs.

JM.

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 22 October 21 10:22 BST (UK) »
Doesn't help much - When father Albert Ernest DYER died in Sep 1940, his death notice listed family including Adeline who appears to not be married at this stage.
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article17716701

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 22 October 21 10:28 BST (UK) »

Using NSW BDM
34208/1908   DYER William R    parents   Albert E / Ada    @ Camperdown

Using Ancestry  Sydney, Australia, Anglican Parish Registers, 1814-2011
20 Jan 1939  St Stephens Newtown 
William Russel DYER  married Olive Marion Eva DUGGAN

witnesses Eva May CARTER  and  Harold WEAVER   

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 22 October 21 10:54 BST (UK) »
In QLD electoral rolls, Gladys Bull appears for the first time in 1949 at the same address as Arthur Frederick John Bull. Before that he is living with Adah Mary (his mother), and her death is registered in Brisbane in May 1848. So can we speculate that Adeline Gladys and Frederick married in 1947 or 48.
Marriages up to 1946 only are searchable on the QLD Bmd index.
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 22 October 21 11:32 BST (UK) »
A memorial for Adah in May 1949 has "Fred and Gladys"
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article49674937