Author Topic: Problem with find My Past  (Read 3205 times)

Online candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with find My Past
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 11 November 21 10:35 GMT (UK) »
This was posted 40 minutes ago on their Facebook page so about 10 am uk time,  but as I said earlier I was having bother copying it over, so I've just typed it out word for word old school!

'As part of the continuing work to enhance our service, we made some internal updates that temporarily impacted access for some of our subscribers. This has since been resolved. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and would like to thank our community for their patience.'

From Find My Past FB page .
North East of England

Online Jebber

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 11 November 21 10:50 GMT (UK) »
I have always had auto-renew. I received the email regarding auto-renew earlier and thought that this might solve the problem if it had something to do with this. Going into my account there no longer appears to be an option to tun on/off auto renew unless it is extremely well hidden.

Simon

It is not now readily obvious, you have to drill down to find it.

Go to your account, scroll down to the the bottom of Personal details, below the blue Update details button is “looking for subscription renewal options” click on that and you get the option to turn on or off auto renewal.
CHOULES All ,  COKER Harwich Essex & Rochester Kent 
COLE Gt. Oakley, & Lt. Oakley, Essex.
DUNCAN Kent
EVERITT Colchester,  Dovercourt & Harwich Essex
GULLIVER/GULLOFER Fifehead Magdalen Dorset
HORSCROFT Kent.
KING Sturminster Newton, Dorset. MONK Odiham Ham.
SCOTT Wrabness, Essex
WILKINS Stour Provost, Dorset.
WICKHAM All in North Essex.
WICKHAM Medway Towns, Kent from 1880
WICKHAM, Ipswich, Suffolk.

Offline locksmith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 11 November 21 11:01 GMT (UK) »
I have always had auto-renew. I received the email regarding auto-renew earlier and thought that this might solve the problem if it had something to do with this. Going into my account there no longer appears to be an option to tun on/off auto renew unless it is extremely well hidden.

Simon

It is not now readily obvious, you have to drill down to find it.

Go to your account, scroll down to the the bottom of Personal details, below the blue Update details button is “looking for subscription renewal options” click on that and you get the option to turn on or off auto renewal.

Yes that is where it should be but it no longer shows on my account. I think this must be part of the problem.

Simon

Offline locksmith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 11 November 21 11:03 GMT (UK) »
This was posted 40 minutes ago on their Facebook page so about 10 am uk time,  but as I said earlier I was having bother copying it over, so I've just typed it out word for word old school!

'As part of the continuing work to enhance our service, we made some internal updates that temporarily impacted access for some of our subscribers. This has since been resolved. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and would like to thank our community for their patience.'

From Find My Past FB page .
Sorry, I missed that, however it certainly hasn't been fixed on my account. I can still not access any records.

Simon

Offline Jool

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • James Dodson, beautifully restored by mozza29
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 11 November 21 11:04 GMT (UK) »
Still not working for me  :(

When I go into "My Subscription" is says my sub is "Active" and expires 10 Jan 2022, as it should be.  If I then click "Manage My Subscription" from that page it say "No subscription". 

I followed Jebber's instructions to find auto renew and it took me back to the "My subscriptions" page with no auto renew options.
Robbins - Wolverhampton.
Spooner - Monmouthshire & Wolverhampton.
Warner & Loundes - Dudley/West Bromwich.
Dod(g)son - Heysham/Liverpool/Wolverhampton

Offline locksmith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 11 November 21 11:12 GMT (UK) »

When I go into "My Subscription" is says my sub is "Active" and expires 10 Jan 2022, as it should be.  If I then click "Manage My Subscription" from that page it say "No subscription". 

I followed Jebber's instructions to find auto renew and it took me back to the "My subscriptions" page with no auto renew options.

This is exactly what I get. If it assumes we have no subscription, logically there will be no auto-renew available.

Simon

Offline Jool

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • James Dodson, beautifully restored by mozza29
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 11 November 21 11:19 GMT (UK) »
I think they should give us 1 free view when the 1921 census comes out as compensation - no chance  ;D
Robbins - Wolverhampton.
Spooner - Monmouthshire & Wolverhampton.
Warner & Loundes - Dudley/West Bromwich.
Dod(g)son - Heysham/Liverpool/Wolverhampton

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 11 November 21 11:31 GMT (UK) »
Mine wasn't working last night, so sent an email and got the same reply as others. It seems to be fine this morning. Pity they didn't just put a message on the page so everyone knew there were problems.

I know there is free access to Military records from today until the 15th, so wondered if it was to do with that.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Jebber

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 11 November 21 11:38 GMT (UK) »

When you went into My Account did you click on the first option Personal Details, or My Subscription? It’s the first one you want. Otherwise I can only suggest you contact Findmypast.
CHOULES All ,  COKER Harwich Essex & Rochester Kent 
COLE Gt. Oakley, & Lt. Oakley, Essex.
DUNCAN Kent
EVERITT Colchester,  Dovercourt & Harwich Essex
GULLIVER/GULLOFER Fifehead Magdalen Dorset
HORSCROFT Kent.
KING Sturminster Newton, Dorset. MONK Odiham Ham.
SCOTT Wrabness, Essex
WILKINS Stour Provost, Dorset.
WICKHAM All in North Essex.
WICKHAM Medway Towns, Kent from 1880
WICKHAM, Ipswich, Suffolk.