Author Topic: John Bunkell  (Read 912 times)

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Bunkell
« on: Saturday 20 November 21 06:37 GMT (UK) »
Good Afternoon all, I am searching for Frances Bunkell's father and mother, John Bunkell and a Alice Bunkell. :-[ John Bunkell possibility bap around 1737 England I have searched in the areas of Norfolk and a few have come from here, John death date 27/11/1791 Piccadilly St. James, and his wife Alice 19/4/1811 St. Leonards Shoreditch Hackney Whitemore Row. I have found searching the web page some originated from Germany, :-\. Anyone familiar with this family. Francis Bunkell bap 27/9/1767 St. James Piccadilly married a William Conway on the 15/8/1794 St. Mary Le Strand London UK. :-\

Regards,
Janet :-[

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Bunkell
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 November 21 12:53 GMT (UK) »
You may already have this.
Will of Thomas Bunkell written16 April 1814 of 3 Grafton Street. He was buried 24 April and the will probated 28 April.
The witnesses to the will are: William Bunkell, J Bunkell, William Phillips, *William Conway.

He leaves everything after debts paid to Ann Wickes of 30 Grafton Street.

Ann Wicke was a witness to the marriage of John Bunkell to Elizabeth Judd 3 April 1804 along with Thomas Bunkell. (St George Hanover Square)

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 November 21 21:39 GMT (UK) »
Good Morning amondg thanks for your reply, I think its a bit later to my John Bunkell his children a William Bunkell born 27/3/1765 bap, 4/4/1765 Bavarian Chapel in Soho Westminster, parents John and Alicie Bunkell changed their religion to C of E, other child Samuel Bunkell 17/8/1771 died St. James Piccadilly, and Frances Bunkell 27/9/1767 who married in 1794 to William Conway. :-[

Regards,
Janet :-\

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 23 November 21 01:25 GMT (UK) »
That is true, however the husband of Frances, William Conway is a witness to a will of another Bunkell family member.

What if Thomas B. born circa 1758 John B. and William who married Sarah Green 1774 at St Martin in the Fields are brothers or cousins what happens in their lives can provide clues to John and Alice.

For example: William Bunkell was a witness to the marriage of Frances to William Conway was it her brother William or an uncle?

Ann Wicke is close to John who married 1804 to be a witness at his wedding and Thomas who died 1814, so who is she where does she fit? Did she leave a will? The wills of spinsters are invaluable.

Try newspapers a death with or without a will prompted a probate notice if there were assets to sell to satisfy debts.

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 23 November 21 05:17 GMT (UK) »
Good Afternoon amondg, thanks for your reply, this is very interesting, I have William Conway bap 2/12/1768 Christ Church Spitafields death date 29/1/1833 Hackney St. John UK. I have down that William Bunkell died 15/7/1847 St.John the Bapist hoxton Middlesex. I need to search for him perhaps, searching for siblings is very hard especially when they are baptised all over the place. :-[

Regards,
Janet :-\

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 23 November 21 06:14 GMT (UK) »
William died 1847 age 81 burial states of 4 Bird Street. He left a will he was a Boot Maker, leaves everything after debts to John Norris and nephew William John Norris.

This is available on the National Archives website, you have to log in and create an account however due to covid you can download a PDF copy for FREE.

I also looked up Christopher 1794-1844 although I don't know how he fits in. He was of 2 Dorchester Place and Builder. He provides for his wife Mary and daughter Sophia, he has a lot of properties. After those legacies he says any remainder to go to his brother and sisters.

His wife Mary dies 1854 of 2 Dorchester Place, widow and formerly widow of Richard Griffiths of late of Salisbury ?  Cow Keeper. She only mentions her son Harry/Henry Christopher Bunkell.

Christopher was married twice, first to Emily Morley 9 April 1822 they had Maria born 20 Sept 1823 and Emily Sophia born 15 June 1825. (may be the daughter he refers to but there could be another named just Sophia)
He married 2nd. Mary Griffiths 1828 Widow (see her will above) they had Harry/Henry Christopher born 5 April 1829, Charles George born 18 December 1830-1833 and Stephen Barton birth date not listed baptized 13 April 1832.

William 1847, Christopher 1844 and C.G 1833 (Charles George) are all buried St James Picadilly. Christopher's headstone is on the East wall between 46&47, his son is also on the East Wall.

Find a Grave is adding St James Church only 23% at the moment.

If you have a subscription to Find My Past they have the marriage of Thomas (1758-1814) to Louisa 1778, sorry I don't have a sub at the moment.   

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 23 November 21 06:25 GMT (UK) »
Afternoon amondg, thanks heaps this family is well connected with one another, John Norris was also a Cow Keeper, he married a Eliza Conway on the 19/9/1820 Marylebone London. I don't have much luck with National Archives and I have closed FindMyPast for awhile they keep on pestering me all the time, I have a subscription with Ancestry. John Norris had a son named William John Norris who married Ann Sorrell in 1844 this family is connected to my grandmother's line, my Smith ancestors came from lancashire and Devon UK. Thanks again I will try again later. :-[ You are truly great to help me regarding this family. :-[

Regards,

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 02 December 21 11:27 GMT (UK) »
Good Evening amondg I am back again posted John Bunkell on another message board for Europe etc, ancestors, I have since found a baptism for a Johann Valentin Binckll 10/1/1737 Christening place Lambsborn Pfalz, Bayern, Deutschland. original Lamsborn Pfalz Bavaria fathers name Johann Paul Binckll, mother Annen Magdalenen all from Family Search, this could be right or wrong, still tried to find John's marriage to Alice. :-\ Saved the will and other records that you found for me, thanking you so much.

Regards,