Author Topic: What became of Colin & Adam NEWINGTON *COMPLETED*  (Read 320 times)

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
What became of Colin & Adam NEWINGTON *COMPLETED*
« on: Thursday 02 December 21 12:14 GMT (UK) »
Colin and Adam NEWINGTON were sons of Zebulon NEWINGTON & Elizabeth BAKER and baptised at Ticehurst 30 Nov 1774 and 30 Sep 1766 respectively.

Adam NEWINGTON 22 Jan 1781 Indenture as a Glover but of Colin I have not located anything. 

Their brother John NEWINGTON Yeoman of Battle mentions Colin in his Will however Adam is not mentioned.  John NEWINGTON Yeoman Battle 8 June 1818; Codicil 20 June 1818; Proved: 14 August 1822

I would appreciate some assistance to locate what became of Colin and Adam please.

Westy

Online Daisypetal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: What became of Colin & Adam NEWINGTON
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 December 21 23:38 GMT (UK) »

Hi,

I think this could be Colin, with a slightly different spelling of his name.

Monday 24 Nov 1794
Geoe Carrick    Master
Residence Location:    Speldhurst, Kent
Butcher
Collin NEWINGTON  Apprentice

Release of trust (dated 16 Nov 1795) from Zebulon Newington of Tunbridge Wells, gent and Collins Newington of Groombridge in Speldhurst, butcher to Nicholas Gilbert

https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/10a54130-d2c2-4032-bd10-cc1411855bc7

Marriage

23 February 1796
St Mary the Virgin, Speldhurst, Kent

Collins NEWINGTON of this Parish
Bachelor

Ethel CAMFIELD of this Parish
Spinster

Married in this Church by Licence
By me William GORDON  (Curate)

In the Presence of,  William BROOK???,  James CAMFIELD,  John BROOKS

18 January 1821 Convicted of Embezzlement

https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C10550804

https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C14544467

13 January 1827 Given a Free Pardon by H.M. Command Robert PEEL

But searching for "Collins NEWINGTON" shows me that you already know a lot of this,

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=851406.msg7191073#msg7191073

I'm not sure exactly what details you have and I've typed this out so I'll leave it all here in case it helps you or someone else researching this family.

I mean no offence saying this but it would have been helpful if you had mentioned the info. that you already have in this post, or added a link to your previous post so that people would know what had already been found. It would have made looking for further info. much quicker and easier. But I hope that I have added something new. :)

Regards,
Daisy
All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 December 21 10:10 GMT (UK) »
Hello Daisy,

No offence taken whatsoever.

Unfortunately I had totally forgotten I had located the material and had come at this piece of research from a totally different angle.

I apologise for what may seem tardiness nonetheless I thank you for your efforts.

Westy

Online Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 03 December 21 10:14 GMT (UK) »
I've done that before Westy and decided that it is a good idea to put the name you are posting about into the Search bar at the top of the screen before posting - sometimes a post comes up that reminds you that you have already posted about this before.

Hope that helps,  Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: What became of Colin & Adam NEWINGTON *COMPLETED*
« Reply #4 on: Friday 03 December 21 10:25 GMT (UK) »
To say I am embarrassed is an understatement and thankful Daisypetal went lightly on me ;D

Your suggestion has great merit and it will become standard practice before I post again Pheno; it will save a red face [mine] and is definitely more mindful of the effort others go to in helping when asked. :-[

Westy