Author Topic: WW1 medical records - struggling with hand writing  (Read 532 times)

Offline SarahLuna

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
WW1 medical records - struggling with hand writing
« on: Sunday 19 December 21 19:17 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

For some time now I have been researching my great grandfathers ww1 journey. It took me a while to track the records down on ancestry but I have found a very interesting document which is a medical report of his extensive injuries.

What I have been told passed down by family is that he was badly wounded by shrapnel in the head and left unconscious for many hours in no mans land before being rescued. In older age he had ‘a dent in his head’ that he always pointed out to people! I was also told he fought at the Somme.

I am trying to decipher the hand writing on these medical records, but it is extremely hard to read and I definitely need some help! What I want to know is, am I allowed to post the medical records on here? He has long since passed away. I noticed there was a specific forum for hand writing so wasn’t sure which forum to post in!

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: WW1 medical records - struggling with hand writing
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 December 21 19:36 GMT (UK) »
Some boards dont allow attached images.

Use the deciphering board, post the image and the URL that it camefrom
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.