Author Topic: Marriage of John Fray & Mary Russell in Gallen and Reynagh Offaly  (Read 903 times)

Offline MitchyE

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage of John Fray & Mary Russell in Gallen and Reynagh Offaly
« on: Monday 20 December 21 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I am new to Rootschat and seeking help with a brick wall in my family tree.
I am looking for more clarification on the marriage of John Fray to Mary Ann (Russell). I have found a marriage in Gallen & Reynagh Parish, Diocese: Ardagh and Clonmacnois in County Offaly on 25 Jan 1810. This is the marriage that all Ancestry trees have for them. I know there are lots of mistakes in peoples trees so have been trying to find the original records to verify information.
I managed to find the original marriage records online for Gallen & Reynagh Parish but there is no mention of the above marriage between John & Mary. I checked for transcription errors i.e. the spelling of the names and also dates around that time but have not found anything.
I am also skeptical that this marriage in Offaly is my John & Mary because John Fray was born in Dublin (Hoey Court, 17 AUG 1788) and John & Mary's sons were born in Dublin (according to later census, death & business records) Dennis in 1812 & Thomas in 1814 (I have yet to find their birth records).
Other information I have is that John, Mary, Dennis & Thomas moved to London where John trained to be a Gunsmith and then later they moved to Leicester where John set up his own Gunsmith business. I have lots of information about their lives around this time and as mentioned census, death, and business records along with Newspaper articles say they were all born in Ireland, John, Thomas & Dennis specifically in Dublin. I have John's parents names and lineage but would love to find out for sure what Mary's maiden name was and then where she was born & parent's names. Any help will be very much appreciated.
Kind regards
Mitchy