Author Topic: Passing of Rosemary Dixon-Smith aka Mole  (Read 834 times)

Offline pampoen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Passing of Rosemary Dixon-Smith aka Mole
« on: Friday 24 December 21 13:18 GMT (UK) »
For some time now I have been wondering what had happened to Rosemary Dixon Smith aka Mole? I found this on the internet written by one of her friends.
You delighted us with your incredibly interesting articles spanning your own fascinating family research, including your great-grandfather, Thomas Gadsden, Head Keeper of the Bluff Light Durban in the late 1870s, as well as your articles on the Anglo Boer War, Natal history, shipping, passenger arrivals and departures in Natal, and a multitude of other well written articles and fascinating research. These can be found in Moles blogs on the internet. Mole passed away on the 31/8/2021 after a long illness.
I myself shared info with her on and off on the Rootschat forum over a number of years. May she rest in peace.
Austin, Ayling, Alborough, Bescoby, Cheal, Groom,Rathbone,Tarboton,Lyell and Smith.

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
Re: Passing of Rosemary Dixon-Smith aka Mole
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 December 21 00:53 GMT (UK) »
Very sad, I have read mole's posts and followed advice on her research in South Africa. Condolences to her family and friends. Thanks for letting us know.

Offline Jayfull

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Passing of Rosemary Dixon-Smith aka Mole
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 July 23 19:00 BST (UK) »
So sorry to hear this news. Around ten years ago I met Rosemary online, can't remember how, and with generosity, wit and expert knowledge she helped me date and fill out my understanding of several old photos I have. She was one of my fondest correspondents in cyberspace and I will miss her.

J.F.
Vancouver, Canada