Author Topic: Crosbie and Walsh, Wicklow and Dublin  (Read 449 times)

Offline indigobloke

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Crosbie and Walsh, Wicklow and Dublin
« on: Friday 31 December 21 23:35 GMT (UK) »
Greetings and happy New Year

I'm trying to find a link (if there is one) between my GGgrandfather, Charles Bingham Hill Walsh and the Crosbies of County Wicklow. Charles was born around 1817, the son of Henry Walsh and Cordelia Margaret Hill who were married 17 October 1815 in Dublin, St Paul (COI). I have not located his baptism record, but I did find records for his siblings: Henrietta Charlotte (1819), John William (1822), and William Henry (1825), Now, my thinking on a possible Crosbie connection is based on 2 lines of thought:
(1) the Crosbie name turns up in Charles's descendents -- he has a son, Charles Crosbie Walsh (b. 1849, Hampshire) and a grandaughter, Hester Dorothea Crosbie Ruddle (b. 1890, Wiltshire - my grandmother).
(2) there appear to be Crosbie--Walsh connections but I cannot definitely link this Henry Walsh to the Crosbie family. The name appears in records but I can't make the connection.
There is a Henry Walsh, son of Henrietta Daniel Crosbie (daughter of Sir Paul, 4th baronet) and John Walsh, who died, age 60, and was buried  Sept. 27, 1847 at Bray
There is a Hester Dorothea Crosbie, niece of Henrietta, only daughter of Sir Edward W.Crosbie (5th baronet) and Castiliana Westenra
There is a death record of  a different Henry Walsh who died (death registered 1865, Dublin South), aged 69
There is a death record of  a Cordelia Walsh who died (death registered 1876, Dublin South), aged 80
The last 2 are likely Charles's parents but this Henry cannot be the son of Henrietta

I've searched the likely records but cannot sort this out. Does anyone have any bright ideas?

Thanks
Peter Wilson, Sydney
Wilson (Wakefield, Yorkshire)
Gordon (Midlothian)
Ruddle (Wiltshire)
Alley (Laois)
Pierce (Westmeath)