Author Topic: Patrick Creamer & wife Margaret nee Dolan (& sons Peter and Patrick) Leitrim  (Read 1332 times)

Offline Willison

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Patrick Creamer & wife Margaret nee Dolan (& sons Peter and Patrick) Leitrim
« on: Wednesday 05 January 22 23:07 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for information on a Patrick Creamer and wife, Margaret Dolan who had two sons Peter and Patrick.
From death certs of the 2 sons (in Scotland) I have established from ages at death that Peter was born around 1879 and Patrick around 1883.
On Patrick Junior's death from Typhoid in 1903 in Govan, Glasgow, the certificate states he died aged 20. His dad, Patrick Senior signed the certificate and it states "Curraghnawar, Leitrim, Ireland" under his name. (I think Curraghnawar is a misspelling on the registrar's part. What is the actual place?)
I'm guessing from this that Patrick senior (and wife Margaret) were still resident in Ireland when Patrick Junior died in 1903. I'm also assuming the two boys were born somewhere in Leitrim.
I have found no other record - so far - of Patrick Snr and Margaret in the Scottish records so assume they remained in Ireland.
(BTW, son Peter died in Armadale, West Lothian in 1943 aged 64.)
I would like to track down any info on parents Patrick and Margaret, and their 2 lads Peter and Patrick, and establish if possible who the parents of both Patrick Creamer and Margaret Dolan were.
Can anyone supply any info and/or point me in the correct direction please?
Thank you in advance.

Willison and Pattison (in Glasgow) 1800s on, Kinnes (Perthshire 1600s-1700s & Fife 1800s), Mathieson (Glasgow, Cambuslang, Paisley)

Offline riannisuileabhain

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Creamer & wife Margaret nee Dolan (& sons Peter and Patrick) Leitrim
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 05 January 22 23:42 GMT (UK) »
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Willison

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Creamer & wife Margaret nee Dolan (& sons Peter and Patrick) Leitrim
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 05 January 22 23:47 GMT (UK) »
Birth of patrick creamer
28 feb 1882 - bawnboy leitrim
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1882/02792/2024667.pdf

Thank you riannisuileabhain for this kind (and very prompt) response, this is a great help.  :)
Willison and Pattison (in Glasgow) 1800s on, Kinnes (Perthshire 1600s-1700s & Fife 1800s), Mathieson (Glasgow, Cambuslang, Paisley)

Offline Willison

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile

Offline Willison

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 05 January 22 23:51 GMT (UK) »
The residence on Patrick’s birth is Curraghnawall

https://www.townlands.ie/leitrim/carrigallen/oughteragh/cloverhill/curraghnawall/

...and Heywood, many thanks for this information, it is much appreciated.