Author Topic: Riley's of Little River/Eno/Hillsborough/Orange County, North Carolina  (Read 303 times)

Offline markriley

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Riley's of Little River/Eno/Hillsborough/Orange County, North Carolina
« on: Thursday 06 January 22 19:21 GMT (UK) »
I have hit a dead end regarding the father of Emeline S. Riley (1830-1915), John Riley (1827-1883), Presley Riley (1818-1887), Simpson Riley (1816-1864), Norwood Riley (1813-1860), and Pleasant Riley (1810-1899). However, there is a John Riley (1764-1852) who appears on a land plat and whose grave is found at the northern border of Hillsborough Township, North Carolina, USA who could be the father of the above children. Another Riley researcher discovered that census and other records of the residents of Little River at that time were hidden as the British army approached the Little River community and these records were never recovered. Presley Riley (1818-1887) is my third great grandfather. I would like to know if John Riley (1764-1852) is his father, therefore my fourth great grandfather and also who John's father was. I believe John's father (my fifth great grandfather) might be the one who immigrated from the British Isles since John Riley (1764-1852) was actually born in Eno, Orange County, North Carolina, USA. A challenge to this research may lie in the possibility of the existence of at least one other John Riley living in the same community at that time.