Author Topic: Lt. John Mahony of the Kerry Militia & of 'The Point', Killarney (c.1750-1818)  (Read 710 times)

Offline TRock

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lt. John Mahony of 'The Point', Killarney (c.1750-1818)

My gggg grandfather John Mahony Esq. (c.1750-1818) of 'The Point', Killarney and who was a Lieutenant in the Kerry Militia from 1797 to 1815, married a Zenobia Anne Saunders (c.1775-1837) about the year 1795 in Killarney. They were parents of John, Lucinda (Mrs Quill), Zenobia (Mrs O'Sullivan, my link), Arthur, Jane Maria (Mrs Townsend), Mary, William, Frances (Mrs Mahony) and Catherine.

The problem is, I need to find evidence of this John Mahony's parents? We know his parents were James Mahony Esq, of 'The Point', Killarney, the second son of Daniel Mahony of Dunloe Castle, co. Kerry by his second wife Maria MacCarthy of Spring House, co. Tipperary. This James Mahony apparently married a Jane Hennessy of 'Ballymacmoy', Killavullen, co. Cork, about the year 1745, but the only mention of this is in S.T. McCarthy's "The Mahony's of Kerry" (Kerry Archaeological Magazine, 1917-18, p.171-190 & 223-255), and his sources were unlisted?

Can anyone help with this one?
TRock