Author Topic: Richard Stockley Abt 1774 - Baptism Record  (Read 315 times)

Offline pegwill

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Richard Stockley Abt 1774 - Baptism Record
« on: Sunday 16 January 22 09:09 GMT (UK) »
Good Morning
I wonder if you can help me please. I’m trying to trace a Richard Stockley and the names of his parents. I believe he was born/baptised in Stratton Audley around 1774. I have checked through the Parish Register and cannot see any details for him.

Things I know (or at least I think I know)

-   1841 Census Stratton Audley – lists Richard Stockley age 67, born in County ‘y’ therefore puts his DOB around 1774 and born in Oxfordshire.

-   I believe he married Mary Cripps (somebody else I cannot find any details for) in 1798 in Padbury, Buckinghamshire. This it would appear was by License, Mary was 24 years old at the time and the License says they were both of this Parish, taking to mean Padbury.

-   The first mention I can find with a reference to Stratton Audley is on 21st September 1800 when their son William was Baptised. It shows William’s parents as Richard and Mary Stockley. Further on 17th October 1802 it shows birth of a daughter Anne again with parents Richard and Mary Stockley, both in Stratton Audley Parish Register.

-   It appears that Richard died and was buried on 4th January 1846 in Stratton Audley aged 71.

As you can see I have quite a bit of information, however the vital link is Richard’s baptism details where it would at least confirm his father’s name.

Many thanks for looking, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

pegwill

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.