Author Topic: Eliz.Coltman Wigston Magna baptism 1773 look up please.  (Read 392 times)

Offline coltman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Eliz.Coltman Wigston Magna baptism 1773 look up please.
« on: Monday 17 January 22 23:05 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Can anyone help with a look up please for:
Eliz. Coltman baptised 1773 at Wigston Magna.  I'm after her parents names.  Thank you. Andrew
Grt: Coltman, Peach, Kirk, Storey, Lattimer, Thorpe, Foers, and Sayles... May The Foers Be With You
x2: Neale, Smith, Cole, Bursnell, Swann, Stanley, Bellamy, and Greaves.
x3: Goodwin, Spencer, Jackson, Bingham, Laughton, Parkin, Pepper, Bell, Elliott, Cater, Morton, and Oates.
Five surname are edible items :)
Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright from National Archives at www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Eliz.Coltman Wigston Magna baptism 1773 look up please.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 January 22 07:54 GMT (UK) »
9 April 1773 - father named as John.  No mother's name for any baptism.
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Mvann

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 January 22 09:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I've just had a look to see if I go back far enough on my Coltman line, but only go back to John Coltman and Rebekah ward on my line (both born in 1790s)

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 18 January 22 15:21 GMT (UK) »
FreeReg has a marriage in Wigston Magna between a John Coltman and Elizabeth Abbott 17 October 1772.

I cannot see any baptisms in Wigston Magna with father John before the one for Elizabeth in 1773.
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline coltman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 22 January 22 16:41 GMT (UK) »
Thank you BumbleB, that's her.
Grt: Coltman, Peach, Kirk, Storey, Lattimer, Thorpe, Foers, and Sayles... May The Foers Be With You
x3: Goodwin, Spencer, Jackson, Bingham, Laughton, Parkin, Pepper, Bell, Elliott, Cater, Morton, and Oates.
Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright from National Archives at www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline coltman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 22 January 22 17:07 GMT (UK) »
Mvann, I have John Coltman and Rebecca Ward married 22 March 1812 (no55). Vicar spelling 'Rebecca' and her signature 'Rebeca' although there is an X and the handwriting looks similar.  Witness surnames are Pawsley. Next entry (no 56) is James Coltman and Mary Goodwin my x3 gr.grandparents witnessed by Elizabeth Siddans (born Elizabeth Coltman, and marries James William's after Thomas Siddans dies). Mary Goodwin also witnessed wedding no53 between George Goodwin and Elizabeth Bennett so triple whammy on one sheet.  I have John Coltman born born 1777, I haven't research Rebekah/Rebecca Ward. Are you a direct descendant of John and Rebekah?

Offline coltman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 22 January 22 17:11 GMT (UK) »
That's her emeltom. 1773, Daughter of John Coltman and Elizabeth Abbot. Thanks.