Author Topic: Julia Bell  (Read 2372 times)

Offline Corky44

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Julia Bell
« on: Friday 02 September 05 21:34 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have any knowledge of a lady called Julia Bell who was from Loughan in County Cavan.

Julia would have been born in 1851 (approx).  She married Patrick McMahon and they moved to England in 1870.   Julia had 3 sons, Patrick, John and Thomas and 2 daughters, Mary Anne and Julia.
Ireland, Lancashire and Cheshire: McMahon, McKeown, Howard, Pennington
Ireland: Mackin
Ireland: McManamon,
Ireland and Lancashire: Kelly
Ireland: Bell
Gloucestershire: Elliott

Offline McMahon-Lynch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Julia Bell
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 January 13 23:43 GMT (UK) »
I know this is an old post, and I am not sure if you found your answer, but your Bell/McMahon (and Martins too) families went to the US, settling in or around Vermont. In fact, a good friend of mine is part of this family. We had been friends for about five years before we realized we both descend from McMahons (although we are not related as far as we know). Its a small world.

Let me know if you got the info you needed, as I can always get you in touch with them.

Does anyone have any knowledge of a lady called Julia Bell who was from Loughan in County Cavan.

Julia would have been born in 1851 (approx).  She married Patrick McMahon and they moved to England in 1870.   Julia had 3 sons, Patrick, John and Thomas and 2 daughters, Mary Anne and Julia.
MacMahon/McMahon, Lynch, Reilly, Carolan, and Dolan families of Carrigagh, Moynalty, Meath, Ireland; Lynch family of Corragloon, Mullagh/Virginia, Cavan; Mulvany, Fitzsimons and Lynch of Edenburt and Whitegate, Kells, Meath.