Author Topic: Frances Howard a Braybrook relative? Died abt 1810-15  (Read 830 times)

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Frances Howard a Braybrook relative? Died abt 1810-15
« on: Thursday 10 February 22 20:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi , I am looking for a  Miss Frances Howard who may have been a Braybrook relative of Audley End connections .. She may also be a relative of the Rev . Thomas Dampier Bishop of Ely .. She would have died ( assuming there was no divorce involved ) before Feb 1818 . Her  husband then went on to marry Charlotte Annesley . Her husband Captain Charles Jones would have been aged abt.27 years at the time .
I am  getting my infomation from the back of a 1843 diary “ my fathers first wife was a relative of the Braybrooks  and the Provost of Elton “ . If I can find her death it may confirm her marriage to him .
I am trying to find his parents etc to see what his standing was to allow him to go to be a ADC to the Duke of Cumberland . He really is my brick wall of twenty years .. thanks Fred .
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frances Howard a Braybrook relative? Died abt 1810-15
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 February 22 22:02 GMT (UK) »
Charles Jones is described as a widower on the 1818 marriage to Charlotte Matilda Annesley.
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 February 22 22:08 GMT (UK) »
Marriage in 1816 with the names Charles Jones & Frances Howard. 

There is also a burial for a Frances Howard (not Jones  :-\ ) in 1818 but may not be the same person.
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 10 February 22 23:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Can you tell me where that Frances Howard is buried . It might have clues I can find  ,,,,but,,, Jones did marry Charlotte in Feb . 1818 … in meantime his illegitimate daughter was born six weeks earlier . Quite the lad . Thanks Fred.
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 12 February 22 10:07 GMT (UK) »
It just says Islington London.  Burial date 6 Sep 1818.  No other info given I'm afraid but

A scan of the burial register is available on deceased online. 
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 12 February 22 10:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi , Jones has widower in paperwork in regards his first marriage . He marries Charlotte Annesley in Feb 1818 so is it appears unlikely  his Frances Howard  is the lady who dies in Sept 1818 ?
 Charlotte his 2 nd wife is given away by the Duke of Cumberland so I think it's unlikely that he would commit bigamy but not mpossibile . …. I sometimes wish I could just shift dates to make it fit . All in the meantime he has impregnated my 4 times great grandmother for the second time . This child born on 26 th Dec 1817 is named Frances …… is that coincidence .  Thanks Fred ,

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 12 February 22 10:31 GMT (UK) »
The marriage 8 September 1816 of a Frances Howard to Charles Jones was at St George Hanover Square.
Unsure of the Witnesses names
The second marriage to Charlotte Annesley 2 February 1818 by license was also at St George Hanover Square. (he was of St. James Westminster)

ADDED
There is a burial of Frances Jones age 21 at St Mary le Strand 1 July 1817. address 317 Strand.

Do you know where Charles was living?

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 12 February 22 11:34 GMT (UK) »
Ohhh , past mid nite here .. He had a home in 16 college Street and another at 6 Blizard Place Brompton in 1816 -21.from letters and Sunfire Insurance papers .
. I don't know about a home in the Strand .
. In letters I have read he went to board with my 4
X great grandmother in Queens Elm  in 1815 then moving her and her mother into Blizard Place all the while recovering from the death of his wife and remarriage in 1818 .  I will look into that death of Frances . Every little thing adds to the puzzle . We will solve it one day . Thanks , Fred .

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 12 February 22 15:13 GMT (UK) »
There is a burial of Frances Jones age 21 at St Mary le Strand 1 July 1817. address 317 Strand

Just to add there is something written at the side of her burial entry - looks like "Th.yd"  not sure about the "T" or what it means but no other entries on the page have anything written there.
Pick - Frocester Glos