Author Topic: Edward/Edmund Whitaker and Margaret Donough/Donohoe/O'Donoghue ideas please  (Read 863 times)

Offline tillyann

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edward/Edmund Whitaker and Margaret Donough/Donohoe/O'Donoghue ideas please
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 21 April 24 18:37 BST (UK) »

I thought you said you had nothing on Margaret other than the details in your first post.
I must have missed it.
So she is the one who dies in Strokestown, Roscommon district.
I have been searching Griffiths etc to try to confirm /exclude her. I should have continued reading.

Glad you seem to be sorted now.

No sign of a Margaret Whittaker death in Strokestown S.R.D. Is her name Margaret Whittaker or something else. OP, can you provide a link to her death?

Can anyone find it?

https://www.rootschat.com/links/01t4m/

I have no conclusive proof that the daughter Margaret Ann Whittaker born in Paisley, Scotland in 1831, and appeared in the 1841 and 51 UK & Wales Census with the family, ever did go to Ireland.
I have searched far and wide and no one else researching this family on Ancestry appears to have ever found her either.
The most obvious record to find for proof would be a marriage but any Margaret Whittaker l find just doesn't pan out.
I've gone through every site l can think of but nothing and l've been looking for years.
Whittaker (originally from Newchurch, Rossendale then Manchester) and Seel (Manchester).

Offline tillyann

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 21 April 24 18:46 BST (UK) »
I'm going to Ireland next year but l have been unable to find where Edmund and Margaret are buried,  so whilst that is unfortunate, at least l can go to the towns where they spent their final years.
Whittaker (originally from Newchurch, Rossendale then Manchester) and Seel (Manchester).

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 21 April 24 19:03 BST (UK) »
Oh, you will have a great time and even just wandering around those places will be rewarding.
 :)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tillyann

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 21 April 24 19:17 BST (UK) »
It definetly makes you feel more connected going to where we know our ancestors have been. 
I'm going to focus mainly on Irish relations. My grandmother was from Belfast so l'll go there as well.
Also planning to go to Bellacourt Military Cemetery in France for a Manchester Pal relative and do a bit more cemetery visiting in Manchester and Rossendale.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 21 April 24 19:22 BST (UK) »
You’re going to be very busy!
All good places too.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk