Author Topic: Childe  (Read 3976 times)

Offline gilbertlouise

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Childe
« on: Monday 21 February 22 14:15 GMT (UK) »
Can I please have some help?
David Childe of the Childeric linage and his wife Letitia are the parents of Jane, Ralph, Wolstone/Wulstan, Johane, Roger and Christopher. Much of this information is available in a book about those who founded America. Its online. However, From here descending, I have only seen accurate info of Wolstone's line.
Apparently, according to Family Search, I am descended on my Dad's side via Christopher's line.
Because of all the fake royal lines etc on the internet, I wanted to check these connections out for myself.
What I have thus far is:
Christopher is the Father of John Childe and John is the Father of Sarah Childe and she married Richard Littleboy, baptised 12 June 1610 Beaconsfield, Bucks.
I have seen Richard's will and it mentions his wife Sarah and is signed John Childe. Rebecca is the daughter of Richard and Sarah Littleboy. Rebecca married Henry Cocke/Cooke? and they had a daughter named Mary who married Thomas Ironmonger.
This is where the fun begins.
I know I'm here. So, If I am descended from these people then it has to be succesfull somehow, but I think that the people who have Thomas Poulton Ironmounger as Mary's husband have confused him with a simple Thomas Ironmonger. And I have just found a record on Family Search which gives
Mary's birth as 21 September 1700 but her death was 20 Nov 1701...How can she have married any of the Thomases?

Next generation down is Mary and Thomas are meant to have had a daughter named Elizabeth Ironmonger who married my Richard Alderman. Up to Richard Alderman and Elizabeth, I am 100% convinced that they are mine...but I am not able to piece together Mary and Thomas correctly.
According to Family search line, Mary was born 1702 and they have Thomas born 1702 in Wavendon....

Thank you so much.

Gill