Author Topic: Jersey island - Philip Heaney  (Read 339 times)

Offline cookaloris

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jersey island - Philip Heaney
« on: Wednesday 02 March 22 01:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
My grandfather Philip Heaney, born 24th april 1915 in Liverpool, was rumored to have lived out his final days in Jersey. I believe he may have died there in the 1980s or early 1990s.
I have never been able to find a death record for him.
Could someone please help me with this lookup?
His estranged spouse was Margaret Heaney and His parents were Edward and Sarah Heaney.
Thank you kindly for any help.
Kimie

Online la grande-méthe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Jersey island - Philip Heaney
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 02 March 22 10:15 GMT (UK) »
The death of a Philip Heaney is recorded in the index for St Helier cpvering the period from Oct 1979 to April 1981. It is Volume 80 and is on page 75 which would make it towards the end of that time frame.
Jersey Archive has a copy of the will of a Philip Heaney of Mont Plaisir Guest House, Midvale Rd, St Helier and formerly of Overdale Hospital. Probate was granted in Jan 1981.

No guarantee that this is your grandfather but you can get a copy of the will from the Archive. You could try messaging the Registry Office,sir@gov.je, for details from the certificate - make sure you give them the details of the index or they will charge you a search fee.

Offline cookaloris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 March 22 13:10 GMT (UK) »
This is very helpful. I believe this is him. Thank you for this, and for the email address and suggestion. I'll message the request now.

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 March 22 13:24 GMT (UK) »
Died 17 December 1980. Death announcement in the Liverpool Echo of 23 December 1980, page 4. Son of Sarah and Edward, brother of Madge and Mary and John and Kathleen (deceased).
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cookaloris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 02 March 22 14:54 GMT (UK) »
Thank you! This must be from the newspaper search site. Very helpful! I appreciate it.

Died 17 December 1980. Death announcement in the Liverpool Echo of 23 December 1980, page 4. Son of Sarah and Edward, brother of Madge and Mary and John and Kathleen (deceased).