Author Topic: London Gazette Help please ?  (Read 1442 times)

Offline ALAMO2008

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: London Gazette Help please ?
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 15 March 22 17:58 GMT (UK) »
Will do.

Medals for 9533 are for a William Howard of 1st King's which was his Btn also
William was KIA
CHAPMAN ROBINSON McKAY O'MALLEY

Offline ALAMO2008

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 17 March 22 18:34 GMT (UK) »
I am normally a full-time researcher for the King's Pals Memorial Roll of Honour looking to provide an Age and a Biography for someone on the Roll as Unknown
I am also an Administrator on the Private Facebook Group "The King's Liverpool Regt"

That would explain all the The King's Liverpool Regt research you do.  ;D  For awhile I presumed you had an awful lot of KLR men in your family tree.

I saw Parry's photo and lengthy discussion re the MM on another site. Can't recall which one now.
There was about 4 or 5 pages worth of discussion. From what little I read there appeared to be some confusion over the J Parry in question. I don't think the confusion was resolved.

Hillhurst

Here is an Example of what I start with on our Roll of Honour with an Unknown Age and Biography

With loads of help from Tickettyboo within 1 or 2 days we have his Biography to post on the Roll

Offline ALAMO2008

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 17 March 22 18:48 GMT (UK) »
With loads of Help from Boo

This is what we achieve in 1 or 2 days to be posted on the Roll

https://www.liverpoolpals.com/soldier/?i=3171/49054-Pte-william-fletcher-berrington0

And all Records and Photos I find are then held in his File at Pals HQ

Not then needing the Ancestry Tree that I created for him rather than Delete it All
I offer any of his Ancestors that have him in their Tree, I offer them an Invite to my Tree for him so that they can update their Tree with information that I found that they didn't.

Started at Surname Beginning letter A now after 2 years still now on Letter D for Douglass

Boo and I,  have found over 100 Unknowns todate and given them an Age and Biography

Roland Douglass from USA may be the first one to remain Unknown PAL now