Author Topic: Peter Morison miller in Laxford Sutherland birth and parents needed  (Read 821 times)

Offline ecksdochter

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Morison miller in Laxford Sutherland birth and parents needed
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 21 April 22 01:21 BST (UK) »
     In reply to Annie (Reply 16). Like you I have looked up dozens of Scottish 1855 Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates.  My own 2 x Great Grandmother died 1855 and her D.C. lists her children in order, their ages and whether alive or deceased. 1855 Marriage Certificates carry a lot of information, including birth place of bride and groom, and says if birth not registered.
     Out of curiosity I have now looked at the 1855 Marriage Certificate of Peter Morrison and Anne Larnock. Under the column headed, 'Birthplace, and when and where registered.' for Peter Morrison it says, "Born but not Registered on January 15th 1820 at Sutherlandshire, Scotland." For Anne Larnock,  "Born on May 1st 1822 at Lerwick, Shetland."
               Regards,     Dod.
"Scotsman! I am not a Scotsman -- I am a Fifer."

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 21 April 22 01:32 BST (UK) »
I have now looked at the 1855 Marriage Certificate of Peter Morrison and Anne Larnock. Under the column headed, 'Birthplace, and when and where registered.' for Peter Morrison it says, "Born but not Registered on January 15th 1820 at Sutherlandshire, Scotland." For Anne Larnock,  "Born on May 1st 1822 at Lerwick, Shetland."
               Regards,     Dod.

Thanks Dod!...Quite unique indeed & very helpful too.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline dogtired

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 28 May 22 10:06 BST (UK) »
It states on Peters marriage record as in the screenshot attached. "Born but not registered on January 18th 1920 at Sutherlandshire Scotland.

Offline dogtired

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 28 May 22 10:11 BST (UK) »
     In reply to Annie (Reply 16). Like you I have looked up dozens of Scottish 1855 Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates.  My own 2 x Great Grandmother died 1855 and her D.C. lists her children in order, their ages and whether alive or deceased. 1855 Marriage Certificates carry a lot of information, including birth place of bride and groom, and says if birth not registered.
     Out of curiosity I have now looked at the 1855 Marriage Certificate of Peter Morrison and Anne Larnock. Under the column headed, 'Birthplace, and when and where registered.' for Peter Morrison it says, "Born but not Registered on January 15th 1820 at Sutherlandshire, Scotland." For Anne Larnock,  "Born on May 1st 1822 at Lerwick, Shetland."
               Regards,     Dod.
Thanks I did post this after you. I am resigned that I cannot find any other information on Peter Morison and Barbara McLeod. I can find nothing but their marriage record, and birth records for 3 of their children. I have searched records in Scotland Ireland and England. Thanks for clarifying that marriage record.