Author Topic: Peter RAWLINGS, born Cold Ashton.c.1841  (Read 3680 times)

Online Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Peter RAWLINGS, born Cold Ashton.c.1841
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 23 April 22 23:43 BST (UK) »
Now it seems that in a very short time, they's moved from Oxfordshire to Gloucestershire, then Glamorgan, and lastly Cheshire.  Thanks again.  :D :D :D 

No they didn't.

James and Elizabeth are in Kingham, Oxfordshire on every census and James dies there in 1867.  Peter is in Kent working as a groom in 1871 and then in Warwickshire with his wife and children.

Debra  :)

Online Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 24 April 22 05:49 BST (UK) »
From your previous posts I can see that you are interested in .....

Augustus Charles RAWLINGS born 1911 to Alfred RAWLINGS and Emily/Emma DICKS.

Alfred RAWLINGS born 1874 Chipping Sodbury to Peter RAWLINGS and Sarah WAIT who were married in 1871 - his father named as Isaac RAWLINGS.

So the Peter you are after is the family that I think was posted by Rosie and now deleted.  Son of Isaac and Louisa/Lucy and sister Jane.

However Peter and Jane were not their children, they were the illegitimate children of Hannah RAWLINGS.  Peter was baptised in 1836 and Jane in 1839.

You will need to work out what relation Hannah was to Isaac.

Debra  :)

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Family History - the ultimate detective story
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 24 April 22 07:32 BST (UK) »
Thank you so very much Dundee - I somehow suspected I was on the wrong track with this family, but without actually buying certificates to prove parenthood, (I was trying to keep the cost down for an elderly friend), I hoped that Census and other records might do the trick. Ah well, it's back to the Drawing Board.  Thank you once again. :D :D :D :D
BUCKLEY, Ches. & Lancs, DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)