Author Topic: Holy Island marriage 1812 - Thomas Morris and Ann Allan  (Read 1358 times)

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Island marriage 1812 - Thomas Morris and Ann Allan
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 10 December 22 02:27 GMT (UK) »
From a H. Maxwell Wood transcript of Holy Island:  14 June 1812 Thomas Morris and Ann Allan, both of this parish, by banns, by L. Wilson.  Witnesses: Thomas Allan, James Allan, Thomas Allan, and George Wilson.

Hello is there any chance at all that you could also please look up this marriage from this transcription for the full details:

Name:   Ralph Barker
Marriage Date:   29 Nov 1812
Marriage Place:   Holy Island, Northumberland, England
Spouse:   Elizabeth Dickson

Ralph Dixon was also a preventive boatman who died in 1818 and they must have worked together with my ancestor James Stephenson (1790-1877).

Thank you,
Jon

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 10 December 22 07:05 GMT (UK) »
Jon,

They did not actually get married at Holy Island but are registered as married Lamberton Toll.  Sometimes the pastor recorded marriages done in Scotland if they were members of his parish

Lamberton 29 Nov 1812

"These are to certify all whom it may concern that Ralph Barker and Elizabeth Dickson were solemnly united by me in the holy bonds of wedlock according to the rules of the Church of Scotland and they are free from all church censure? so/or as it is known, James Aitchison
Witnesses:  John Hedgley, Ann Millar, Morton? Clark and Mary Ann Clark
The above is a true copy of the certificate brought to me Dec 1st 1812 of the marriage of Ralph Barker and Elizabeth Dickson both of Holy Island,  Lancelot Wilson, Minister

Janis
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 11 December 22 22:57 GMT (UK) »
Jon,

They did not actually get married at Holy Island but are registered as married Lamberton Toll.  Sometimes the pastor recorded marriages done in Scotland if they were members of his parish

Lamberton 29 Nov 1812

"These are to certify all whom it may concern that Ralph Barker and Elizabeth Dickson were solemnly united by me in the holy bonds of wedlock according to the rules of the Church of Scotland and they are free from all church censure? so/or as it is known, James Aitchison
Witnesses:  John Hedgley, Ann Millar, Morton? Clark and Mary Ann Clark
The above is a true copy of the certificate brought to me Dec 1st 1812 of the marriage of Ralph Barker and Elizabeth Dickson both of Holy Island,  Lancelot Wilson, Minister

Janis

Thank you so much for this. Amazing!