Author Topic: Nora Bessie Johnson - burial  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Lisajj

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Exhall Colliery & Brickworks - very rare photo
    • View Profile
Nora Bessie Johnson - burial
« on: Sunday 01 May 22 16:19 BST (UK) »
I'd be really grateful if someone could help me find the burial record for Nora Bessie Johnson.
She died in May 1939 and I am led to believe buried in the church yard at St John the Baptist Church in Thaxted. We've searched the graveyard but can't find a headstone - there may not be one.
I can't find anything online either on Ancestry or FindMyPast.
If anyone can help with a look up or knows where the burial records are for Thaxted, that would be great, thank you.
Lisa
Johnson, Crankshaw, Burdett, Shaw, Dawson/Dulson, Whitebread/Whitbread, Drane, Hyett, Holtaway, Thompson, Bodell, Livermore, Gee, Vernon, Smith......the list goes on....and on...and on....

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Nora Bessie Johnson - burial
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 01 May 22 16:24 BST (UK) »
Have you contacted the Records Office?  She was Nora Bessie Whitebread Johnson
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline cuffie81

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 01 May 22 21:24 BST (UK) »
It certainly looks like Nora was buried at Thaxted parish church, going by the news item on her funeral.

Essex Archives hold the parish registers for the church but the latest burial register they hold only goes up to 1858, although they have Bishops transcripts for later years. You might want to get in touch with Essex Archives to see if they know the whereabouts of later burials registers.

Essex Archives Online - Parish Registers - St John the Baptist, Thaxted
https://www.essexarchivesonline.co.uk/ParishRegisters.aspx?selAlphabet=T&selParish=13523&selChurch=13761

Chelmsford Chronicle
10 Aug 1934
page 8
Thaxted
Marriage Of Mr G F Johnson and Miss Holtaway

https://postimg.cc/xJ85Wsr9

Chelmsford Chronicle
19 May 1939
page 10
Thaxted
The Late Mrs G F Johnson
- The funeral of the late Mrs Johnson,
- who was only 38 years of age,
- took place at the Parish Church

https://postimg.cc/8JY4DhDM

(I've uploaded the images to an external site as attachments aren't permitted on Lookup Requests boards).
Anderson Banks Beard Brewer Caves Clarke Clinch Cooling Cuff Denton Gamble Gibson Gunn Hunt Mills Muncey Norris Notzke Reid Robinson Searle Smith Trundle Turner Weedon Wells Wilson

Offline Lisajj

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Exhall Colliery & Brickworks - very rare photo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 02 May 22 17:26 BST (UK) »
Thanks both.
Yes we have the newspaper articles which is why we think she maybe buried in the church yard. I have looked on FreeReg, and her burial does not appear, even though her marriage does and the marriage a year later of her husband when he married Lillian Drane. Also other burials show up during that time. But I do know that not everything is on FreeReg.
I will try contacting the church as well as the records office.
It would be good for us to know where she is. Her husband didn’t die until the 1980’s and was cremated in Cambridge.
Johnson, Crankshaw, Burdett, Shaw, Dawson/Dulson, Whitebread/Whitbread, Drane, Hyett, Holtaway, Thompson, Bodell, Livermore, Gee, Vernon, Smith......the list goes on....and on...and on....