Author Topic: Milliken Family Callander  (Read 840 times)

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
Milliken Family Callander
« on: Wednesday 04 May 22 16:30 BST (UK) »
My relative in Canada has sent me a lovely photo of the Milliken family
their parents were Samuel Milliken d 1925  and Annie Robertson d 1928
We don't know much about this family just what I have got from S/P and googled Samuel Alexander Milliken one of the sons who died 19.02.2021 at home in Aghadowey ( dearly loved Brother of R, H, W, E, D and the late Sydney . Samuel sen was a manager for the Trossachs coaches .She thinks some of the boys became engineers and went to live in the Colonies and may have settled in USA any help will be great
Elizabeth

Oh Dear I cannot sent the photo sorry about that Elizabeth

Moderator comment: names of living people removed
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
Re: Milliken Family Callander
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 May 22 16:31 BST (UK) »
Oh dear what has append to my lovely photo

Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 May 22 16:33 BST (UK) »
Oh dear what has gone wrong  to my lovely photo
Its OK if you click on it  :D :D ;D ;D

Elizabeth

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 04 May 22 16:44 BST (UK) »
No birthyears given but Samuel was 70 when he died so born around 1855.  Marriage was 1880 (Millikin)

Check the censuses for their birthplaces & children etc. - Samuel was b Ireland

1891 has 5 children - all boys

Download the marriage cert to get their respective parents names

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 04 May 22 16:48 BST (UK) »
I know the family still here in Aghadowey. Send me a PM if you'd like more information.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 04 May 22 17:14 BST (UK) »
Thanks CaroleW

Is this on S/P to get the certificates

Elizabeth

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 04 May 22 17:24 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately googling sometimes gives red herrings and Sammy Milliken is not the son of the Scottish Samuel & Elizabeth. As I explained in my PM, Sammy's father was Sandy (Alexander) and he died sometime after 1990.
If you do get name of Samuel Milliken (d.1925) parents then I might be able to help if there's an Aghadowey connection.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 04 May 22 17:26 BST (UK) »
My relative in Canada has sent me a lovely photo of the Milliken family
their parents were Samuel Milliken d 1925  and Annie Robertson d 1928
We don't know much about this family just what I have got from S/P and googled Samuel Alexander Milliken one of the sons who died 19.02.2021 at home in Aghadowey ( dearly loved Brother of   the late Sydney . Samuel sen was a manager for the Trossachs coaches .She thinks some of the boys became engineers and went to live in the Colonies and may have settled in USA any help will be great
Elizabeth

Oh Dear I cannot sent the photo sorry about that Elizabeth

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 04 May 22 17:35 BST (UK) »
Yes - marriage is on SP in 1880 but spelt Millikin - not Milliken.  1925 death also on SP
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)