Author Topic: Mary Williams  (Read 399 times)

Offline kiwiwilly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Williams
« on: Friday 13 May 22 05:23 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help with information on Mary Williams born 1851  Gwernymynydd parents Robert Williams and Elizabeth Tattum.  In 1881 census the family lived at the  Griffin Inn in Mold, Mary not married.  Elizabeth died before the 1891 census and Robert died in 1903.  I found Robert in 1901,      mine foreman.   
 No sign of Mary

Offline kiwiwilly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Williams
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 May 22 03:36 BST (UK) »
Mary  was born in Gwernaffield, not Gwernymyndd.  I have the will of Benjamin Williams, Robert's brother(Mary's Father) In the will Benjamin leaves a sum of money to his neice,  Mary Harriett Frances Evans. Benjamin was the youngest son of Robert and Jane Williams,  siblings were  John, Sarah, Edward, Arabella and Elizabeth. None of these had chn named Mary. both Robert and Benjamin were born in Llanferres in 1828 and 1833.
I found a 1911 census with  a Mary Williams,  59  Head   Catherine Powell 61 b Mold widowed
Robert Evans 31born Mold,  Nephew, Margaret E Evans 26 Neice  and Henry Evans 24   nephew, both born Chester. Henry a coal keeper. The residence given was Railway Inn
This may be of help, one way or another.   

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 21 May 22 22:04 BST (UK) »

Offline kiwiwilly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 May 22 08:12 BST (UK) »
iThan you Mabel, helps to know.    I found marriage of her parents on NWBMD  but too many Marys and none with mother's name Tattum.  Also l searched thru the births in the GRO  and no mothers name Tattum showed. Searched the wales index for a marriage  for Mary,no luck.  Thanks again.KW