Author Topic: Charlotte Kepper  (Read 372 times)

Offline MeirSoul

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Charlotte Kepper
« on: Saturday 14 May 22 13:38 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the parents of Charlotte Kepper . She was born around 1843 in Banff . She is the mother of my great x 3 grandfather William Halket who was born in 1863. Williams father was John Halket (Hacket/Hackett/Halkett) born in 1839 in Banff.  Any info on this branch would be much appreciated.  Especially that of Charlottes parentage.

Many thanks
Halket- longton Stoke on Trent / Banff Scotland
Cooke - Meir/Longton Stoke on Trent
Emery- Meir/ Longton Stoke-on-Trent
Shaw - Birmingham
Leese - Longton/ Fenton/Stoke-on-Trent
Neild/Nield/Neeld/Neald- Uttoxeter/ Abbots bromley
Hodgkinson/Hodgkins - Uttoxeter/Hanbury/Lichfield/Rugeley/Abbots bromley
Brassington - Uttoxeter
Thorley - Stoke on Trent
Mears -Wetley Rocks/Longton Stoke on Trent
Breeze- Hanley/Longton/Stoke-on-Trent/Staffordshire/Shropshire
Burton - Uttoxeter

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Charlotte Kepper
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 May 22 14:30 BST (UK) »
According to the index on the Scotland's People web site, Charlotte Kepper, 18, is in the parish of Gamrie in 1861. On FreeCEN and FindMyPast she is indexed as Charlotte Repper, and she is a housemaid, born Macduff, in the household of William Dockar, farmer, at Gellyhill.  You need to look at the original document and see whether you think it says Kepper or Repper.

In 1851 she is enumerated as the daughter of William Raeper, labourer, at 61 Gellymill Street.

Charlotte Repper, daughter of William Repper and Margaret Fletcher, was baptised in Gamrie on 6 March 1841. (Macduff is in the parish of Gamrie.)

William Reaper and Margaret Fletcher had
William, baptised 31 January 1829 in Fordyce
Anne, baptised 27 February 1831 in Alvah
Robert Thomson, baptised 1 September 1833 in Alvah
Janet, baptised 19 March 1837 in Alvah
Margaret, baptised 30 June 1839 in Alvah
Charlote, baptised 6 March 1841 in Gamrie

Margaret Fletcher, 67, died in Banff in 1867, mother's maiden surname Thompson. If she was William Reaper's wife, she ought to be indexed under her married surname as well as her own - you need to look at the certificate to see what it says.

William Roper, son of George Roper and Ann Man, was baptised in Grange on 6 September 1807.

It looks as if Charlotte married William Ord in 1865 in Alvah. They were in Alvah in 1881 and 1891.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline ecksdochter

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 May 22 04:26 BST (UK) »
     Charlotte Rapper/Ord married William Ogston, 1884 at Old Machar, Aberdeen. May be the William Ogston who died 1900 at St Machar, Aberdeen aged 56 years.
     1901 Census. Charlotte Ogston, age 60, is a visitor with Smith family at Monquhitter, Aberdeenshire.
     Charlotte Ogston died March, 1909 in Flintshire, Wales, aged 68 years. (England and Wales, Civil Registration Death Index.)
     Burial: Hawarden Churchyard, Hawarden, Flintshire, Wales (Find-a-Grave).
     Memorial Inscription: "In Loving Memory Of CHARLOTTE OGSTON (Late Of Aberdeen) Who Died March 7th *1909, Aged 68? Years. WILLIAM HALKET, Son Of The Above, The Beloved Husband Of CHARLOTTE HALKET, Who Died At Mostyn, June (?) 1919." Rest of M.I. is hidden by a plant. *Find-a-Grave have transcribed Charlotte Ogston's year of death as 1903.
               Regards,     Dod.
"Scotsman! I am not a Scotsman -- I am a Fifer."

Offline MeirSoul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 21 May 22 09:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the info guys.  It has helped me a lot . I actually saw William Halkets grave and noticed a Charlotte ogston and wondered where ogston came from.  Now I know.
Much appreciated
Halket- longton Stoke on Trent / Banff Scotland
Cooke - Meir/Longton Stoke on Trent
Emery- Meir/ Longton Stoke-on-Trent
Shaw - Birmingham
Leese - Longton/ Fenton/Stoke-on-Trent
Neild/Nield/Neeld/Neald- Uttoxeter/ Abbots bromley
Hodgkinson/Hodgkins - Uttoxeter/Hanbury/Lichfield/Rugeley/Abbots bromley
Brassington - Uttoxeter
Thorley - Stoke on Trent
Mears -Wetley Rocks/Longton Stoke on Trent
Breeze- Hanley/Longton/Stoke-on-Trent/Staffordshire/Shropshire