Author Topic: John Murray (BRICK WALL)  (Read 420 times)

Offline muriellecampbell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Murray (BRICK WALL)
« on: Thursday 19 May 22 18:36 BST (UK) »
I am having a brick wall when it comes to finding out information on John Murray Sr. who had two children with Annie Melville Campbell, 1. my father-in-law Robert Murray Campbell b) Dec 24, 1921 and his brother 2. John Murray Jr. b) July 17, 1925 both at 66 Cowane Street (boarding house) in Stirling.  I've researched John Murray Sr. for 5 years now. John Murray Sr. may have died in Waitakere, Auckland, New Zealand.   Does anyone wish to share the records of his birth and death year?  That would be a tremendous help. 

According to a family member on the Wilson (John William Buchan Wilson who married Annie Melville Campbell on Oct 31, 1931) lineage, this lady mentioned a John Robert Murray (they called Poppa Jack) b) 1889 Lerwick, Shetland, Scotland.  He died in Davenport, North Shore, Auckland, New Zealand on 7 Oct 1958, and was buried in Waitakere, same place as Annie and John Murray Jr.  He married Hazel Alice Fergus b) 1892-1967 both dates in Auckland, New Zealand.   They married 24 1914.  Would he be the fellow that Annie Melville Campbell had the boys with in 1921 and in 1925?    This would be a load off my shoulders if indeed he was the right guy.  Can't wait to hear from you all.  Thank you so much in advance.
Murray and Campbell

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: John Murray (BRICK WALL)
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 May 22 20:52 BST (UK) »
You have this thread live at the moment. 

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=862142.0
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline muriellecampbell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 May 22 15:47 BST (UK) »
You have this thread live at the moment. 

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=862142.0

My mistake,  I do apologize Carole.
Murray and Campbell

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 20 May 22 16:28 BST (UK) »
No problem at all.  I will ask the moderator to merge it with your other thread
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)