Author Topic: problems with ancestry tree  (Read 504 times)

Offline raa

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • humbug
    • View Profile
problems with ancestry tree
« on: Sunday 22 May 22 07:59 BST (UK) »
any one having problems with there ancestry tree lot of time when i try use edit button currently not available and now if someones got married twice it doesnt show both partners on tree i have william ball married caroline smith they had 12 children if i click on william click on tools view on tree everythings fine theres william with his 12 children now if i click on william first wife frances miller bearing in mind they had no children its shows them with the 12 children that william had with caroline if this is new set up its rubbish im doing a tree for my uncle and going to be confusing for him if this is there new tree money theve wasted would have been better used for bidding for 1921 cencus too late for that

Online Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: problems with ancestry tree
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 May 22 08:06 BST (UK) »
Perhaps there is confusion over whom you have specified as those children's biological parents.

You need to check that their biological parents are set as William and Caroline and that you don't have Frances shown as either the biological mother or as an alternative parent.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline raa

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • humbug
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 May 22 08:12 BST (UK) »
yes there children are with there correct parents and ive only just added frances on new tree im doing for my uncle they didnt have children but its showing they have 12  this appeared when ancestry started adding new things to there trees

Online Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 22 May 22 08:24 BST (UK) »
If you delete Frances and then refresh the screen does everything appear ok?

Pheno
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline raa

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • humbug
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 22 May 22 08:50 BST (UK) »
ive deleted florence yes william is on tree with his 12 children ive just put back on click tools view in tree shes down as mother of 12 children ive had tree for years its happening on all people who married twice this only started when ancestry upgrading there trees annoying its not my mistake ive got children with correct parents

Online Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 22 May 22 09:01 BST (UK) »
sorry am out of ideas then.  Maybe it is a glitch that will be corrected?

Pheno

PS Just to say that this is not happening on my tree so I think it must be something to do with either a) the way you are viewing the person or b) the manner in which you have attached Florence to the family
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline raa

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • humbug
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 22 May 22 09:17 BST (UK) »
ive had tree for years i know what im doing its happenening now to all the ones who married twice

Online Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 22 May 22 09:48 BST (UK) »
Didn't realise you were looking at that view.

I can see that there have been changes, however I think it is trying to show you all William's children at once, with those coming from the chosen spouse making up part of the total number of his children.

For example if William had 7 children overall, 4 with first spouse and 3 with second then that view would show William's total of 7 but of those 7 4 would be connected to the first spouse and 3 to the second.

If, you are saying that in your case it is showing all 12 children twice then there must be some issue as to whom is the mother of those children.

I really think to go back and check their biological attachments.

Pheno
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline raa

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • humbug
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 22 May 22 10:01 BST (UK) »
all children belong to william and caroline theres no children with first wife  ive done all 12 there connected to william and caroline but as you can see when i click on first wife shes down as mother problem is now i cant do print out with my try as theres obviously glitch with all who married twice only thing i can do know is delete peopleso tree will print out ok ancestry going downhill its been rubbish since they got rid old search then losing out to find my past for 1921