Author Topic: Scan problem  (Read 1082 times)

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Scan problem
« on: Wednesday 25 May 22 11:48 BST (UK) »
I scanned this photo this morning from an old postcard but it came out on the "skew". I have scanned other photos this morning but they have all come out correctly.
Any thoughts?
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Scan problem
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 25 May 22 12:05 BST (UK) »
Scan it again?

What kind of scanner are you using?
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 25 May 22 12:16 BST (UK) »
Switched off scanner/printer and then after 5 minutes or so switched on again. Scanned again with same result, but then scanned another photo immediately after and this came out ok.
HP Envy 5544.
Not had this problem before and I have had the printer/scanner for at least three years.
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

Online ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 25 May 22 12:43 BST (UK) »
My initial thought was that the postcard might not have been correctly aligned on the scanner. Perhaps got knocked out of skew as you put the lid down?
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 25 May 22 13:47 BST (UK) »
next to the Scan button should be a Preview button.  If there is try that first as it will show the alignment and borders.
If you wish the pic to be Restored there is enough of the figure there for the Restorers to work on and Re-align as required,
cheers, Ian
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 25 May 22 14:05 BST (UK) »
upright-ed
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 25 May 22 14:16 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that.

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 25 May 22 18:44 BST (UK) »
Tried again this afternoon. All working as normal. Thanks for your help and advice. rj

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 25 May 22 22:49 BST (UK) »
Hi RJ,
I have had this happen to me, it seems to happen if the photo is slightly curved, if this is the case, I place a piece of white card over it and it stops it from moving when the lid comes down.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU