Author Topic: Graveyards in Castleton & Newcastleton Rox. with Croziers  (Read 293 times)

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Graveyards in Castleton & Newcastleton Rox. with Croziers
« on: Saturday 28 May 22 16:02 BST (UK) »
Is the "Churchyard Cemetery" in Newcastleton, the same as "Old Castleton Cemetery"..or are they two different ones.
I have a Robert Crozier buried in the Churchyard in 1857 and his 2 sons in 1858 and 1859, their cert just say Newcastleton.
 Please enlighten me...
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Online Chris Doran

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Graveyards in Castleton & Newcastleton Rox. with Croziers
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 February 24 19:37 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, I can't provide any enlightenment, but to add another clue in the hope that someone else can, there is currently an In Memoriam card on eBay for Isabella Nichol, died 12-Mar-1917 age 65, wife of Matthew Nichol. It says she died at 24 North Hermitage Street, Newcastleton, and was interred on 16th March 1917 at Castleton Churchyard: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275662793328
I can't find her or Robert Crozier on Find a Grave or billiongraves.
Researching Penge, Anerley, (incuding the Crystal Palace) and neighbouring parts of Beckenham, currently in London (Bromley), formerly Surrey and/or Kent.