Author Topic: Diary > Summary - Week ending 5th June  (Read 2013 times)

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Diary > Summary - Week ending 5th June
« on: Monday 30 May 22 12:18 BST (UK) »
No-one seems to have started this week's thread so here we are.

Nearly the end of May, bank holiday coming up for the Queen's jubilee, 70 years, what an achievement.

Hope everyone is well, it's a bit cool and showery here so probably no gardening for me today.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Pinetree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Summary - Week ending 5th June
« Reply #1 on: Monday 30 May 22 21:50 BST (UK) »
Have just had a nice couple of weeks with son at home although he was taking exams last week it was still lovely to see him. Daughter and fiancé here for Jubilee weekend so really looking forward to that as well.

Turned quite chilly today, hope the weather picks up again for everyone’s celebrations.

Hope everyone is keeping safe and well.

Pinetree
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 30 May 22 22:20 BST (UK) »
Evening all
Had good news today that youngest daughter and husband is planning on coming up with grandson for this weekend. Haven't seen them since March so it'll be lovely. I know that's not a long time but they grow so quickly and FaceTime is wonderful, but you can't get a real proper hug on FaceTime - though he hugs and kisses the phone lol.
Re Jubilee I think I'm going to go for a platinum Jubilee purple outfit - not the hair that stays grey!
I have more purple in my wardrobe than red white and blue.
North East of England

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 May 22 23:18 BST (UK) »
Another week has flown by and here we are in the Jubilee Week…

I’ve watched some of the programmes that have been on and really enjoyed last nights unseen footage with HM commentating…

Our village is having a barn dance and hog roast on Thursday organised by the V Hall committee… so I shall be busy helping decorate the barn once the men have transported the tables and chairs up to the local farmers barn and put out all the hay bales…
I’m making a pud and I’ve decided to make the lemon Swiss roll amaretti trifle…

No family joining us as they are supposed to be flying to Mallorca tomorrow with Easy Jet from Gatwick.. 😩😩😬😬… text from daughter this morning to say eldest grandson looks  like he has tonsillitis and youngest woke up with a croupy cough….. not heard from her since so no idea what’s happening… she was quite stressed about it all … they’d decided to make it a surprise for the  boys so they have no idea they’re going away… or maybe not!

Visited our friend whose just gone through his bone marrow transplant today… he’s amazing, looks well and everything seems to be going ok… despite having another stroke last Sunday whilst his consultant was talking to him!
Also visited our other friend who had the two stokes as it’s her 70th on Wednesday… didn’t think she was quite a good as last time we saw her.. think she might be doing a bit to much and seeing to many people.. she looked tired… we only stayed a short time to give her a pressie and have a cuppa…

Weather here chilly today, sun in and out… hope it stays dry for Wednesday while we’re setting up and for Thursday night…

Look forward to hearing what everyone else is doing..

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 31 May 22 00:05 BST (UK) »
Wasted hours on the phone today ,waiting to get through ,but when I did the person was very helpful , so worth it in the end but such a long time.
Passed through several departments and finally got to the right one !

I think I posted in the wrong topic this morning - re Britannia ,The Royal Yacht .just berthed at Leith ,now tourist attraction ,what a nice gesture to give it back to The Queen ,as a mark of appreciation for her utter commitment .

Spoke to all three children today ,various reasons , but nice.

Washed my hair today ,big rollers in to give some “ lift” ,well think Pansy
 Potter !,Won’t be like that tomorrow when I have showered etc!
Mixed grey and almost black the two colours behave differently.

My Birthday flowers still good ,I freshen them up each day.

Hope everyone is alright ,I know quite a few are ill, but if you are comfortable
that is something at least.
Look after yourselves everyone.

Viktoria.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 31 May 22 04:28 BST (UK) »
I get the feeling that apart from gawking at various television thingies, this Platinum Jubilee is rather passing me by, because of my own current health, isolating, sheer lack of energy, and of course chilly weather. Have to try harder.
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 31 May 22 09:04 BST (UK) »
Well I have no real idea what is happening nor where ,I feel on the fringe no - beyond the fringe even!

Sorry you are not much better TY, yes isolation has taken its toll, and that does not help physical conditions ,you can’t get away from them or
even be diverted .
Neighbours might invite me across but the most likely ones have a family worry themselves,Grandad with cancer that has spread , so their time with him is precious and I would not intrude because he and I always get chatting about sport from years ago ,like the West  Indian team and the Calypso “Cricket lovely cricket “
Analysing Fred Truman  ::)
They have two little girls ,and the parents were pupils ,one at each school where I worked , but it is first name terms now .

Not put the decorations up yet ,rainy weather but nice this morning so we will see.
My hanging basket planted with red,white and blue flowers has some of each colour in bloom but whichever way I hang it the flipping flowers are at the back! Every which way I turn it on the chains it turns to the back.
Sod’s law again .

Just cleaned the bathroom , now breakfast ,if I eat then bend over there are digestive repercussions ,lots of chest pains and burping etc ,Lanzoprazole helps but needs time to act - at least 40 mins so almost time for brekky .

Hope those unwell feel better and for those alone we could have another virtual party ,as we did in first lockdown .Was it for V.E day?
Bring your own butties and chocolate biscuits etc .
Thank goodness for TV.
I feel very sad for those who have hearing and visual problems as even TV is not easy to follow for them.
Best wishes to everyone and there is almost always someone on their computer or IPad .
Cheerio.Viktoria.

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 31 May 22 09:23 BST (UK) »
It must be summer?!

Isle of Man TT started on Sunday - lots of motorbikes on island now.
Mustn't grumble - it's good for our economy.
Practice yesterday evening was red-flagged due to a crash, and the bike caught fire. Rider OK though.

Spent a good bit of the weekend topping up my tan (I'm an unabashed sun worshiper!).
But chilly yesterday and today.

Shan't be doing much motoring for the next 2 weeks - it gets complicated working around the road closures ::)
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 31 May 22 14:18 BST (UK) »
I  am  a  bit  late  this week

Am  beginning to  feel  people are  a bit lethargic about the weekends celebration,  going back to 1977 we had a fantastic  party here,  seems to be a lack of interest  all round at the  moment  ,  I wonder why, 2 years ago so many decorations up and people spread about in their front gardens,  wasn't supposed to be mixing just distancing,  we went for a walk locally and the atmosphere  was fantastic, we even  got invited into 2 Gardens of people we didn’t even  know, I am  wondering how Sunday will  be.
Lot's going on in a local village where my church is,  I only want to be involved with    Friday and Saturday  but i  have a feeling they  want me Thursday,  I wanted to watch  Trooping on TV,  doesn't  look as if I will  be.

Wanted to top  up  my tan  but no chance, raining  again today  so it won't be a tan  but rust.

Hope all those under the weather feel  better  soon

Take  care

Louisa  Maud

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London