Author Topic: Who are Peter's Parents?  (Read 24942 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Who are Peter's Parents?
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 19 October 22 15:15 BST (UK) »
Dundee gave you the parish record earlier in the thread.
You won’t get much detail at that time.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 19 October 22 21:23 BST (UK) »
Assuming this is Bartholomew's baptism, there are no known surviving records before 1836.

https://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000635222#page/13/mode/1up

It would be a good idea to go through the baptisms of all the children to see the names of sponsors.

2 earlier baptisms, Bryan 1828 & Jane 1832 in Dunboyne parish found by heywood, reply #16. Each had a Kiernan sponsor. That seems to be evidence that Peter had relatives living locally, unless someone stood as proxy for Kiernan sponsors. I wonder why Bartle had only 1 sponsor, a Neil.
A register of deaths (1787-1877) exists for Dunboyne parish. I suggest that Lucas searches for Kernan/Kiernan and Neil deaths in it.   
Cowban

Offline LucasKernan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Genealogy Research since 2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 22 October 22 05:23 BST (UK) »
I found many birth records of Peter Kernan. I think he probably was born in a parish around Dunboyne.
The surrounding parishes are:
-Donymore
-Ratoath
-Kilcloon, Batterstown, and Kilcock
-Blanchardstown
-Maynooth
I didn't find any Deaths of any Kernan.
Kernan, Matys, Müller, Werner

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 22 October 22 11:29 BST (UK) »
Do you think he emigrated with his children?

Offline LucasKernan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Genealogy Research since 2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 22 October 22 12:44 BST (UK) »
Don’t know but a smart answer is Yes. The first record of him and his children was in 1859. Here is the first record of him:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q28S-B1QL
Also, I he first and last appears in the US Census in 1880. He immigrated between 1870-1880 probably.
Kernan, Matys, Müller, Werner

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 22 October 22 23:47 BST (UK) »
Don’t know but a smart answer is Yes. The first record of him and his children was in 1859. Here is the first record of him:
Also, I he first and last appears in the US Census in 1880. He immigrated between 1870-1880 probably.

That's a marriage record of a Bernard Kearnan whose father was called Peter. It's evidence of whereabouts of a Bernard Kearnan. Do you have a connection to that Bernard Kearnan? Who was he?
The marriage record isn't evidence that the groom's father, Peter Kearnan was in U.S. at the time.
The record appears to be connected to a Peter Kearnan who died in U.S. 1881. A family tree on Family Search assigned that Peter a birth year of 1795 and a birthplace in County Cork. I don't know what the evidence is for the birth year or the birthplace. I recall looking at the tree last weekend.
I don't see any evidence that the Peter from County Cork was the Peter who married Jane Neil in Dunboyne and had children there. 
The above record isn't evidence that Peter, husband of Jane & father of Bryan, Jane and Bartie emigrated to U.S.
The smart answer to the question "Did he emigrate?" is "I don't know."
Cowban

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 23 October 22 00:22 BST (UK) »

That's a marriage record of a Bernard Kearnan whose father was called Peter. It's evidence of whereabouts of a Bernard Kearnan. Do you have a connection to that Bernard Kearnan? Who was he?
The marriage record isn't evidence that the groom's father, Peter Kearnan was in U.S. at the time.
The record appears to be connected to a Peter Kearnan who died in U.S. 1881. A family tree on Family Search assigned that Peter a birth year of 1795 and a birthplace in County Cork. I don't know what the evidence is for the birth year or the birthplace. I recall looking at the tree last weekend.
I don't see any evidence that the Peter from County Cork was the Peter who married Jane Neil in Dunboyne and had children there. 
The above record isn't evidence that Peter, husband of Jane & father of Bryan, Jane and Bartie emigrated to U.S.
The smart answer to the question "Did he emigrate?" is "I don't know."

Y'all must have the patience of Job, because I don't.
Many of the above points were made previously. Obviously Mr Lucas isn't listening, which has been clear for quite a while now....
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 23 October 22 00:31 BST (UK) »
Thanks Lucas. I see them all now and the death details for Peter.
As you can see we have tried to help you and tried to find Peter’s birth with no success, which is sad but you have a wealth of information about him. You are most fortunate that you have so much detail about your family. :)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 23 October 22 01:02 BST (UK) »
With regard to Peter's possible emigration.
 Bartholomew Kiernan's 2nd marriage was in 1880 in Naas Superintendent Registration District. A note next to his father's name said, "uncertain if alive". This suggests to me that Peter may have moved a long way away and Bartle had no recent news of him.
Cowban