Author Topic: Judith (Julia) Dunne nee Monaghan and Hugh Dunne of Lisnalea Bailieborough  (Read 474 times)

Offline Jasminkylie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi all! I am posting this here to connect with others connected along this line or related to help the search for more ancestors as our Irish tree and research has come to a halt.

Judith & Hugh are memorialized in Old Moybologue with their daughter Judith also (headstones state Julia and known as both over their lives)

Judith was a 'successful maternity nurse' as stated in her obituary in the Anglo-celt, and witnessed during my searches on countless civil birth registrations throughout Cavan. Judith died in 1926 'her funeral was the largest attendance in some years'.

Hugh worked for Eliza Farrelly though his life, from car driver to hardware store assistant in Bailieborough. He died in 1910 'near relation to politician Charles Dunne d.1898 and his father Bryan Dunne d.1877' Anglo-celt.

They had 8 known children Roseanne b.1863 married Michael McCaul both buried in Old Shercock, Elizabeth Rose (Bessie) b.1864 migrated to Australia onboard the Petersborough and married her husband whom she met on the ship Robert Hardaker from Yorkshire a year later in St Patricks Church Sydney Australia (my direct line). Also Francis b.1865 married Catherine Cullen in Dublin and migrated to New York, Michael b.1869 and John b. 1875 also migrated to New York. Philip b.1872 is whereabouts unknown. Judith b.1867 buried with their parents.

I am in contact with family in New York that descend from these lines through Francis and Michael. We are all having difficulty connecting to DNA matches in Cavan and connecting our lines locally to trace back to Hugh and Judith's extended family and parents. With missing records and registers being what they are we feel we have exhausted all avenues through documents.

We would be grateful to hear from you if you are connected to this family or other families in the locality and you are also searching for extended ancestors.

Many thanks Jasmin

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: Judith (Julia) Dunne nee Monaghan and Hugh Dunne of Lisnalea Bailieborough
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 05 June 22 16:06 BST (UK) »

Judith & Hugh are memorialized in Old Moybologue with their daughter Judith also (headstones state Julia and known as both over their lives)

IN MEMORY OF THEIR BELOVED FATHER
HUGH DUNNE
WHO DIED 11TH FEBr 1910 AGED 85 YEARS
AND THEIR SISTER
JULIA DUNNE
WHO DIED 15TH AUG 1885 AGED 17 YEARS
ALSO THEIR BELOVED MOTHER
JULIA DUNNE
WHO DIED 3RD DECEMBER 1926
AGED 88 YEARS

https://historicgraves.com/moybologue-old/cv-mool-0221/grave

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Jasminkylie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Judith (Julia) Dunne nee Monaghan and Hugh Dunne of Lisnalea Bailieborough
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 June 22 04:17 BST (UK) »
Thankyou everyone for the additional links;

i have confirmed Peter Monaghan and Margaret Smith as Judith's parents through a DNA match to her brother John. John's daughters migrated to New South Wales also. Judith and Dunne family member's have witnessed the baptisms of John's children also.