Author Topic: Gertrud(e)/Gurtruide Strode b c1614  (Read 643 times)

Offline Swampy23

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Gertrud(e)/Gurtruide Strode b c1614
« on: Monday 20 June 22 16:48 BST (UK) »
Gertrud(e)/Gurtruide Strode b c 1614 possibly at Parnham House, Beaminster, Dorset. Married Rev Thomas Sprat(t) 1634 Winterbourne Kingston. Name of father required. Some trees have it as John Strode but she does not fit in as there was no issue with his 1st wife Catherine.

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Gertrud(e)/Gurtruide Strode b c1614
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 June 22 21:44 BST (UK) »
A tree has her mother as Anne Chaldecott but dates given for her (1550-1621) don't fit unless Gertrude was born a lot earlier.
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Swampy23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Gertrud(e)/Gurtruide Strode b c1614
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 June 22 07:01 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your very prompt reply Milliepede. Sorry my mistake I meant Anne not Catherine. I cannot find any information at all on Gertrude except that she was the daughter of the Strode family of Parnham. The only births I can find is Cathryn c1608 to Sir Richard Strode and Mathias b1613 to Sir Hugh Strode and John B 1614 to Sir Robert Strode all in Beaminster but years 1610/11/12 are missing on Dorset opc. I have discounted Robert as Anne died and he remarried in 1614. So her father is either Hugh or Richard or there is another brother I believe George. Long shot I know but I am hoping that some information may have gone over to the USA with Edwards information.