Author Topic: Sale of Land  (Read 507 times)

Offline Kerrill

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sale of Land
« on: Sunday 26 June 22 19:46 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace a Patrick Gavin who was born 18 march 1865 in Doonane, Galway , the story I was told is that he sold some land to a John Fahy  then went to England but with no dates as to when he did this I am struggling trying to find him, I do have his birth cert and his mother was Margaret Kelly and his father Michael Gavin. What I want to know is if he sold the land  would there be any records available to show this, then I would have a date to go by.

Mitchell Ireland Gavin Ireland  Morrison Ireland Hogan Ireland Kelly Ireland Duggan Ireland

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sale of Land
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 June 22 22:06 BST (UK) »
Valuations Revision Books would allow you to narrow down the date-
https://www.irish-genealogy-toolkit.com/revision-books.html
The Cancelled Books and the Current Land Books for the Republic of Ireland are available to personal callers at the Valuation Office, Irish Life Centre, Lower Abbey Street, Dublin 1. They are not online. The collection is gradually being scanned, county by county. As each county is finished, the manuscript books are being moved to storage and visitors are offered only the scanned copies to view on computer terminals.
At July 2021, nineteen counties and three cities had been scanned, so the project is at least three-quarters completed.
The Valuation Office plans to complete the digitisation and upload the searchable copies to an online database by the end of 2023. This database, like that for Northern Ireland's Revision Books held by PRONI, will be free to access.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Kerrill

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sale of Land
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 June 22 09:09 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much,  ;)
Mitchell Ireland Gavin Ireland  Morrison Ireland Hogan Ireland Kelly Ireland Duggan Ireland