Author Topic: Marriage between William Eglington and Ann Eglington in Perth W. Australia 1968  (Read 480 times)

Offline kathy-9

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I have been trying to find record of WDS Eglington and Ann Jarvis (Malcolm) Eglington in Perth W Australia for ages but am not striking lucky. Ann changed her name by deed poll in England, that is why they have the same surnames.
The marriage would have been about 1968. Thx for any help or tips. Kathy

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Are either of these people still alive?  If so - no details can be given
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Are either of these people still alive?  If so - no details can be given

Death Perth and cremated:

EGLINGTON WILLIAM DONALD SANDERSON 86 Years 15 December 2011 THORNLIE

EGLINGTON ANN JARVIS 83 Years 7 August 2011 WARNBRO

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
There is a related thread which I won’t link here, as it contains names of those still living.

From that thread: They were divorced 1966 and he and his 2nd wife, Ann Jarvis, emigrated to Australia.

So, he married prior to arriving here?

Arrival: Eglington William Donald Sanderson    21 Sep 1968

https://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/ViewImage.aspx?B=12185039&S=2311

Ann: https://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/ViewImage.aspx?B=12185039&S=2301

Two sons with them.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
I have been trying to find record of WDS Eglington and Ann Jarvis (Malcolm) Eglington in Perth W Australia for ages but am not striking lucky.....The marriage would have been about 1968.

If it was in WA it is a closed record.

You can apply for a marriage record less than 75 years ago if you are.....

One of the parties of the marriage

Child of marriage or other relative: Restricted, unless the applicant can provide:

Written Authority from the parties named in the certificate; or
    Evidence that both parties are deceased; or
    Evidence that the certificate is required for some legal right or entitlement

There are some indexes for more recent marriages here, up to 1965, but none for EGLINGTON.

http://www.wamarriage.info/

Debra  :)

Offline kathy-9

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Hi there thank you for taking the time to help me with this part of my genealogy. Both William, Ann and Mary, first wife, are all deceased. I am just having trouble accessing the Australian records. Cheers, Kathy