Author Topic: death Isabella Harvey, Sept 18, 1939, 39 Runnymeade Parade, Belfast  (Read 625 times)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
death Isabella Harvey, Sept 18, 1939, 39 Runnymeade Parade, Belfast
« on: Tuesday 28 June 22 22:01 BST (UK) »
Looking for a writeup or obituary for Isabella Harvey, nee Johnston, widow of James Harvey. She died Sept 18, 1939. Have not been able to find the name of her mother. Perhaps if knew siblings, other than Lucy, might be able to link Isabella to other family members. Isabella's father was Robert, mother was NOT Margaret Bowman, as per many family trees. I have researched Lucy and still don't know their mother's name.
Thanks for any help
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: death Isabella Harvey, Sept 18, 1939, 39 Runnymeade Parade, Belfast
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 June 22 22:05 BST (UK) »
Not too familiar with Irish records but is there no birth for her or Lucy that would show mothers name?

How old was she when she died?
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 June 22 22:32 BST (UK) »
Not too familiar with Irish records but is there no birth for her or Lucy that would show mothers name?
How old was she when she died?

Born c1871 according to death registration-
D/1939/50/1007/222/89 - Isabella Harvey - 18th September 1939 - age 68 - Female - Belfast
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 28 June 22 22:37 BST (UK) »

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 28 June 22 22:40 BST (UK) »
I knew I'd seen Isabella mentioned at least once before-
You are absolutely right on, heywood,  with James and his father was Robert, a farmer, at time of marriage.
There was a daughter Isabella born to Robert Johnston and Margaret Bowman June 25, 1864 in Fallagloon, her father Robert, a farmer.
Then there is a marriage of an Isabella Johnston in 1885 to James Harvey, in Belfast, can't make out name of church, and her father is Robert, a builder. I have to think this is a different Robert although there are trees that think otherwise. I have been looking for the birth of an Isabella in Belfast to Robert, a builder, or joiner, but can't find her but she could have been born before 1864 with marriage in 1885. I found them in 1901 in Belfast, Upper Newtonards Rd., her age 38, oldest son William age 14 and census says she was born Co. Down although it is written in afterwards. Can't find William's birth but did find second son Robert born in Belfast in 1888.

For reference here's the 1885 marriage-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1885/10872/5970776.pdf

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 29 June 22 00:11 BST (UK) »
I was not able to find the births of either Isabella or her sister Lucy on irishgenealogy.ie. The Isabella born to Robert Johnston, farmer of Fallagloon, wife Margaret Bowman, seems to have died in 1884, in Fallagloon, age 19.
I thought perhaps a writeup naming relatives might lead to this Isabella's  mother's name. Isabella's sister Lucy married William Henry Maze (Mayes) June 4, 1896 in Belfast. Perhaps there were other siblings.
Can anyone make out Isabella's address at the time of her marriage in 1885? I am not sure that will help but maybe it will. Her father, Robert, a builder.
Isabella's husband James Harvey died Aug 26, 1920. Perhaps there is further info on his death. They had at least 8 children.The oldest seems to be William George Harvey who died Oct 17, 1918, officially in England, but in reality in the war.

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 29 June 22 01:03 BST (UK) »
I have paid for the death record of Isabella in 1939, and it seems to be the correct person, widow of James Harvey, bookkeeper. The age at death cannot be correct though as she would only be 14 at marriage in 1885. I believe she was born abt 1863, and Lucy was born 1865-1867 depending which records you look at. Lucy as age 33 on the 1901 census, age 46 in 1911.

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 29 June 22 01:43 BST (UK) »
I have looked at war casualties and the William George Harvey who died Oct 17, 1918 was born in England so that dod is also wrong.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 29 June 22 07:25 BST (UK) »

Can anyone make out Isabella's address at the time of her marriage in 1885?

Harmony Street
Between Dublin Road and Little Victoria Street in Belfast

Use PRONI Historical Maps viewer
https://apps.spatialni.gov.uk/PRONIApplication/

Put in townland - Malone Lower

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo