Author Topic: James Foulds in Shelford  (Read 1051 times)

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Foulds in Shelford
« Reply #9 on: Friday 01 July 22 21:52 BST (UK) »
Piece 855
Book 3
Folio 6
Page 5

Somewhere here.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/film/008902205?i=95&cat=607915

Added.. Image 211!  Half way down left hand page

Offline emjayf

• RootsChat Member
  • Photo is 2020 me. Got fed up with my old silly one
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 01 July 22 22:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks! Wow that is a super dark image! Not overly clear where one house starts and the other ends but it seems to suggest Elizabeth Foulds is the head (maybe widowed?) with her children Ann Foulds and Charles Foulds and with them is John Kent married to Mary Kent with their children Frederick and Elizabeth Kent - doesn't state their relation to the older Elizabeth.

It becomes more confusing the more you find out! Haha!

Cheers
MJ
Fouldes.<br />Any area where our family are.  My branch started around Derbyshire, Nott's and Yorkshire.  We ended up in South Lincolnshire!  So yay!  Course any area with Fouldes in would help!  See my family tree below for what gaps I have!  Cheers!

Would also like to see any Beaumont's from Sheffield as I have lots of family photos & can't identify them!!

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 05 July 22 10:46 BST (UK) »
Burial Arnold, St Mary. 25 Sept 1842 Mary Kent aged 54 abode Arnold. From NFHS.

Marriage Nottingham, St Paul 3 Aug 1843 John Kent and Ann Foulds

No marriage for a John Kent to a Mary Foulds but...there is one for a Robert Weightman Steemson 8 June 1807 at Oxton, St Peter. to Mary Foulds. Burial Oxton 22 Jan 1818 Robert WIGHTMAN Steemson aged 29 abode Beeston.
Marriage Arnold, St Mary 21 Feb 1825 John Kent and Mary STEMSON
Baptism Beeston, 16 Mar 1817 Thomas son of Robert & Mary STEEMSON father a miller.
Marriage 7 Sep 1788 James Foulds and Elizabeth Bird at Shelford.
Baptisms Oxton
29 Nov 1798 Henry
25 Jan 1801 Betty
14 Mar 1803 John
20 Oct 1805 Ann
The abode is Oxton, no fathers occupation listed.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline emjayf

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 05 July 22 12:25 BST (UK) »
Burial Arnold, St Mary. 25 Sept 1842 Mary Kent aged 54 abode Arnold. From NFHS.

Marriage Nottingham, St Paul 3 Aug 1843 John Kent and Ann Foulds

No marriage for a John Kent to a Mary Foulds but...there is one for a Robert Weightman Steemson 8 June 1807 at Oxton, St Peter. to Mary Foulds. Burial Oxton 22 Jan 1818 Robert WIGHTMAN Steemson aged 29 abode Beeston.
Marriage Arnold, St Mary 21 Feb 1825 John Kent and Mary STEMSON
Baptism Beeston, 16 Mar 1817 Thomas son of Robert & Mary STEEMSON father a miller.
Marriage 7 Sep 1788 James Foulds and Elizabeth Bird at Shelford.
Baptisms Oxton
29 Nov 1798 Henry
25 Jan 1801 Betty
14 Mar 1803 John
20 Oct 1805 Ann
The abode is Oxton, no fathers occupation listed.

Thank you! Well that is why it was perplexing! Mary was married before she got married to John Kent!

That makes some kind of sense.... I think!! Haha!

Just noticed the 1921 censuses are out now and sad to read that it's the last census that exists for a few decades!  Hope they will reveal some new secrets! Probably not but be interesting to see them!

Take care and thanks again
MJ
Fouldes.<br />Any area where our family are.  My branch started around Derbyshire, Nott's and Yorkshire.  We ended up in South Lincolnshire!  So yay!  Course any area with Fouldes in would help!  See my family tree below for what gaps I have!  Cheers!

Would also like to see any Beaumont's from Sheffield as I have lots of family photos & can't identify them!!

Offline emjayf

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 21 March 23 22:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi all. I was told, a while ago that my relative James Foulds married Elizabeth Bird in Shelford on 7th Sep 1788.

Hello all, been a while but I am back with just a quickie question. So, even though I KNOW the above details (thanks to a lovely person on here) I cannot find this record on familysearch.org even when I search using all the details I know! I wanted to link my source to a actual record AND check if there were any parents mentioned on said record?

If anyone can spot it and send me the link that would be amazing. That site is very useful but sometimes searches can be frustratingly hard!

Thanks to all
MJ

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 22 March 23 03:49 GMT (UK) »
still not the image of the actual pr. but helpful I hope.

https://archive.org/details/nottinghamshire03philgoog/page/n148/mode/2up?view=theater

here is the FamilySearch link. But you have to go to a FS library to view
https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/3580086?availability=Family%20History%20Library

They will be very unlikely to have any more information than that in the indexes. It was unusual to give more detail than the name of the parties being married.

Offline emjayf

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 22 March 23 07:51 GMT (UK) »
Thank you. Oh that is a shame. I did hope the original document might show more. It's before the marriage certificates as well, so not a chance to find out more I guess. Also shame FS doesn't have something to link to but I can always leave a note saying where it is from.

Thanks again
MJ

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 22 March 23 12:44 GMT (UK) »
Another child bapt Oxton to James/Betty;
HUMPHREY 14 Oct 1808
(FreeREG)

If James married Elizabeth Bird 1788 there should be more children born 1789-1797 ish.

Burials;
08 Mar 1818 Oxton, ELIZABETH Foulds age 53, abode Oxton
(c 1765)
(FreeREG)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline emjayf

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 22 March 23 13:03 GMT (UK) »
Another child bapt Oxton to James/Betty;
HUMPHREY 14 Oct 1808
(FreeREG)

If James married Elizabeth Bird 1788 there should be more children born 1789-1797 ish.

Burials;
08 Mar 1818 Oxton, ELIZABETH Foulds age 53, abode Oxton
(c 1765)
(FreeREG)

I think I need to see if there is a forum at Family Search as, even though I put in all those details for Betty and the baptism, I cannot find that record!

Thank you for posting here, I can but add those details in and hope I find the link eventually!

Thanks again!
MJ