Author Topic: East Anglian Miscellany Jan 1935 (East Anglian Daily Times?)  (Read 440 times)

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
East Anglian Miscellany Jan 1935 (East Anglian Daily Times?)
« on: Wednesday 06 July 22 00:52 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know of a source for the East Anglian Daily Times for 1935.
BNA and FindMyPast sources only go up to 1919

I am looking for:-

"An account of the rout I took while in the Militia" by John Cobbald of Stoke by Nayland (as printed in East Anglian Miscellany of Jan 1935)

Which is in a large collection of papers at Suffolk Archives. I haven't asked them yet, as I am assuming that as it is in a large collection it will cost more than I am prepared to pay to get a copy. Thought I would see if it was available elsewhere first.

Offline gobbitt

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: East Anglian Miscellany Jan 1935 (East Anglian Daily Times?)
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 July 22 14:04 BST (UK) »
The 13,401 articles published between 1901 and 1958 in the EADT's "East Anglian Miscellany" columns were reprinted in quarterly compilations and bound into their own series of indexed volumes now available at Suffolk Archives and elsewhere.

The Cobbald family and the Suffolk Militia route-march of 1759 and 1760 are covered in four articles (among others on pages 1 to 6 of EAM in 1935) contributed by the antiquarian Charles Partridge, who inherited John Cobbald's manuscript.

If you let me have your e-mail address by Personal Message, I'll be happy to send you details.

David

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: East Anglian Miscellany Jan 1935 (East Anglian Daily Times?)
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 07 July 22 12:02 BST (UK) »
Just to record how thrilled I am with the pages received.

Thank you.