Author Topic: inquisitionum hiberniae  (Read 241 times)

Offline Ghostwheel

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
inquisitionum hiberniae
« on: Wednesday 06 July 22 21:17 BST (UK) »
Can anyone find a link to a volume of the Inquisitionum in Officio Rotulorum Cancellariae Hiberniae asservatarum Repertorium which contains Co. Roscommon?

I'm not sure what volume it is, but I don't believe it is vol I or vol II.  And I can't find the other volumes.

Offline Stanwix England

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Hopeless scatterbrain
    • View Profile
;D Doing my best, but frequently wrong ;D
:-* My thanks to everyone who helps me, you are all marvellous :-*

Offline Ghostwheel

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: inquisitionum hiberniae
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 July 22 21:44 BST (UK) »
How about this: can anyone tell how many volumes of the books actually were printed?

It has crossed my mind that, perhaps, there was never such a book.

The reason I was looking for it is that I found a reference in a pedigree written in the 1800s, referring to a property in a certain year, and I was hoping to confirm that the same form was used in the Inquisitionum in documents that would be contemporary or close to contemporary with that year.

Found a book written in the 1830s which references two volumes already printed.  Leinster (vol I) and Ulster (vol II).  It also references a third vol partly printed at that time, which is supposed to be about Munster.  Can anyone confirm the number of existing or printed volumes?

I believe the volume I am looking for would be vol IV, if it exists.  (Connacht)